• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

undereating at 6 weeks post op????

malazak

So what do you guys at 6 to weeks post op eat I think I'm undereating.

Breakfast 3 tablespoons ready break

Lunch 1 piece crust less toast w some grated cheese melt

Dinner 150 ml h/made chicken soup with carrot rice and peas

Fluids

I know I should have more I just don't fancy it in the slightest

I wasn't eating any more than that. Keep your fluids up and aim to get as much protein as you can. Make sure you're taking your vits too. Every day will be different :) xx

I had a sleeve but I was struggling to get in 300 calories at that point so your food intake sounds good. It will gradually increase as you deal...you will know when you can eat more.

That sheet is a guide, don't worry! I would struggle to get that much in even now 5 months post op!!

I wouldn't worry too much, I don't think there's such a thing as undereating that early out but what you're eating looks fine. I had and still have a little bit of a problem with fluids but with food I just ate what I could handle and often that was little more than a protein/meal replacement shake on some days.

Speak to your team - my lot were very anti protein shakes.
If eating is making you feel sick, also check with the team. It was about 7 weeks out they discovered I had a stricture.

Sounds like a very normal amount at such an early stage. The stomach gets filled so easily. Time changes how much you'll be able to eat.

Doesn't sound bad at all, certainly not an undereat. Just try and keep up on the protein and fluids and they shouldn't have a problem. x

Back