• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Urgent, I need advice as this is horrible

Sarah Metcalf

I had a fill of 1.5ml yesterday and was fine on fluids. This afternoon I tried some soup as per my guidelines, which went down fine. The problem started tonight when I tried more soup.

I added some grated cheese for the protein but didn't reheat the soup fully so the cheese didn't melt, it then got stuck. I ended up being sick which made my band tighter, I tried a hot drink to ease it but ended up bringing that back up as well, and the band tightened again. So I'm in a vicious circle of being sick every 20 mins or so, I'm only bringing up mucus now but my band is unbelievably tight and uncomfortable.

I don't think I need a defill as I was fine with fluids, but would love any advice as this feel horrible.

Oh and I'm getting terrible hiccups.

Thanks in advance x

Sounds horrible Sarah and sorry I can't help with any advice. If you're still suffering in the morning I'd give your provider a call. Hope you feel better soon x

Oh poor you, just keep sipping water but tiny tiny sips so you dont get dehydrated.

Try and relax and get some sleep, if you feel a bit better in the morning stick strictly to fluids for a few days, if not get back in touch with your team.

xxxx

You poor thing...that's every banders nightmare! You should definitely phone your provider. Let us know how you get on xxxx

Oh Sarah poor you, it is all hard enough without things like this happening. I hope your team sort you out quickly. Take care x

Thanks everyone, I had a final bout of sickness around 4.30am and then managed to kip until 8 which allowed my band to relax. That was an awful night, not one I'd like to repeat. Looking back I'm not sure whether it was band related or a bug as I was being real sick rather than band sick and I'd been feeling off all day.
I'm sticking to fluids today and having an easy morning as I feel quite weak. Thanks for your well wishes everyone x

Glad your feeling better Sarah, give your poor tum a rest for a few days to get it back to normal maybe xxx

Morning Sarah, ive just read your post and only a few hours ago i was watching a you tube upload by skymoon and she had the same as you. Being sick for a long time very often. She went for a defill (resisted but eventually went for it)
Keep your eye on this over the next few days and if you are being sick often and getting foods stuck, you need a defill.

Hope you are feeling better today xx

‪Lietot

here is the you tube video i spoke about. If you check back on her uploads you will find the one where she is talking about pb'ing, slim & sick

Thanks Tam, I'm feeling so much better now. I think it was a vicious circle of being sick making my band tight and then the tightness causing me to be sick. I've managed thin yoghurt this morning and I'm trying some soup in a minute. It's been a huge learning curve and I'll def be more careful in future xx

Its awful when that happens and its happened twice to me and the more you panic the worse it gets. The only way I stopped it was to try and relax, big breaths and I had a cup of warm milk eventually and this seemed to ease it off a bit. Not a nice experience chick is it ;-(

Back