• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Waiting lists!!

OOnion

Like most of you I try not to pester the admissions lady...but it always gets the better of me and I must admit I do tend to ring her once a month to ask "if there is any news on my op date"...
In August her answer used to be "we still have people waiting from October 10".
In September her answer used to be "we still have people waiting from October 10"
I think you get the picture...well I called her again today and guess what??
"we still have people waiting from October 10"
I really wish they would just be honest...I can not believe they have done no surgery since August 11 - so this means a current waiting time of +15 months, nothing like the 6-8 months I was told. I am scared I am going to be so unhealthy by the time a do get a date that they won't do the surgery! I keep thinking perhaps I should get a loan and just go private?!
Any words of wisdom please?!
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

You sure you are not getting a recorded message :eek: This sounds like classic fobbing off but as I don't have any experience with your hospital, that is just my opinion. Did you tell her that is what you were told back in August? Good Luck with your quest, sweetheart xxx :)

No words of wisdom, just hang on in there!!

I was initially told that I would have a six month wait, three months later the dietician told me there was a massive backlog due to people cancelling because of illness and I would have a 12 month wait, then three months after that the dietician told me that they'd managed to reduce it a bit and I'd have an eight month wait. I emailed my surgeons secretary just before Christmas to ask if there had been any change in the waiting times and she rang me a couple of days later offering me a last minute date two days before Christmas.

It seems they never really know from one month to the next just how long the waiting time will actually be as it can be affected by alsorts. If there's a large volume of emergency surgical cases which take up all the theatre time then other stuff gets put back.

You've done the hard bit and got yourself on the list, now it's just a case of waiting for your time to come. It's hell at times and you think it's never going to happen but it will and we're all here to keep you focused if you feel like things are starting to slip:)

H xx

ahh Denise I wish I was.. ha at least I could moan back at a voice mail, rather than being sweet and saying sorry to have bothered you again when I know your busy...where as in my head I am shouting 'noooooooooooooo not October still' oh well my turn will come!

I suppose that is worth a try, may call them on Monday...on the other hand I don't want to be the pest that get's put to the bottom of the pile, as you can probably tell patients is not my virtue!

I suppose that is worth a try, may call them on Monday...on the other hand I don't want to be the pest that get's put to the bottom of the pile, as you can probably tell patients is not my virtue!

I totally get that but you could try being the apologetic customer :) .............. Its a fact that when someone lovely rings up to pester you in any way you find the nicer that they are the more you do to assist :) make an appt with GP & apologise then ask for his/her help.
It may also be worth finding out why the list does not appear to have gone down since you initially called??? The more you know the less you speculate xxx

how long have you been waiting now?

if its incredibly long, then ive seen other people say they have spoken to PALS regarding the waiting time...is this a possibility for you?

i just want to be on the list :( hahaha :D xxx

MissyMustDoIt said:
lets make our own list....:D

Fabulous list of 2012
Vicki:cool:
Caren:cool:

And me and me and me hahaha... I'm not on the waiting list yet either gggggrrrrrrr

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

toni see the general chat lol

GP referral Sept 10
Feb 11 and put on the list...

Thanks for your support folks! I have started reading Emotion first aid kit and it gives lots of really good things to do in the time before your surgery to make it more successful after the op! So staying positive and going to use this time wisely!
x

Back