• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Want to join a gym, but too nervous

bex986

I really want to join a gym but find them so imtimidating and last time I tried the trainer left me on the cross trainer for 10 minute and I literally collapsed! But he kept pushing me!

Am only a week out of surgery tomorrow so not sure when I should be looking to join, I used to enjoy swimming and want to try and tone as much as possible.
Any advice??

I was exactly the same, so nervous. I waited until I was a year post op and nearly 10 stone down. Because I was so frightened! I finally got the confidence up, and when I joined I told them I didn't want any instructer sessions, just the basic health and safety. I love it now, love the feeling getting fitter with each session. I keep myself to myself, and everyone just gets on witn their own thing.

Ask your GP if you have gym referral in your area. They tend to be sessions where the instructor spends time with you working out the best program fir you with your best interests at heart. You also get to see the same people regularly

Thanks for replies.
I didnt think GP's referred to gyms at tier 4 stage as here thats tier 1 stage a gym for 12 weeks and slimming world. Will have to ask, thanks :)

Back