• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What a year....

bridiegeorge

I dont know if anyone remembers me from last year, but i applied for nhs funding and got turned down. i was going to re apply at beginning of this year butit didnt go the right way. on the 3rd jan when the weather was snow and ice i couldnt contact my mum by phone, rang all the family and nobody knew where she was, i went into panic and sent my husband down he used a ladder and could see her in bed not moving i could hear on my mobile all the noise he was making so if she couldnt hear i knew this was serious rangg 999 she had had a heart attack stroke and a brain haemorrrage wasnt expected to last 24 hours. well she hung on in there, and we stayed by her side nearly all the time. she passed away 27th feb. we then organised the funeral and i was determined to read the eulogy. it took me ages to pluck up the courage and sit at the computer and start it but once i got going i could have written a book, luckily for the congregation i did not... so what with all of that and then clearing her property it was a hellish time then ironically on mothers day 5 days after we buried her i became ill. thought it was a sickness bug, husband and kids had it as well but they got better i didnt. by the thursday i thought i was dyin. head pains vomitting non stop so off we went to A and E they thought mabe meningitis so gave me ct scan and lumber puncture then let me home at 5pm saying possible viral meningitis but that i would be fine.
by sat i couldnt move my legs and was incontinent straight back to local hospital. where they kept me for three days before sending me to Frenchay(thank god) i became paralysed from the chest down then from incontinent to retaining thay gave me a catheter . i then lost my sight (it was the scariest time) luckily for me i was out of it for the first ten days. some pretty good hallucinations though. mris ct scans lumber punctures nerve conductor tests you name it i had it . eventually diagnosed with meningo encephalitis i had never heard of it. but i have a lesion on my brain in the cerebellum and two on the spinal cord. (i was convinced it was ms) after 6 weeks in hospital now home waiting to see what happens. am on very high doses of steroids which have given me a moon face a beard and an appetite like no other..... well i can walk after a fashion just around the house, very little balance or co ordination tingling burning feet and fingers but sight has almost returned to normal for me. now filling in the dreaded dla forms jesus i hate all of this. i shall be on steroids at least until xmas but reducing down and taking bucket loads of other stuff. the side effects are enough to make you ill. so what i was meaning to say is my weight has been pushed to the background for now. hopefully i wont gain too much but at the rate its going on pretty sure nhs will do it. if im heakthy enough. but for years i have been moaning about my weight and rightfully so but im learning all be it very slowly as my short term memory has also been shot to pieces, that i live each day and am grateful for it. i know this feeling wont last. i just want everyone to appreciate what they have i never did, but the help and support i have received from family and friends has astounded me. see i cant be that bad.. sorry for rambling XXX

Hi

Thanks for sharing this with us. Boy what a year you have had. I thought mine had been bad!

The DLA forms are a nightmare arent they. Hope you continue to recover and get accepted for surgery.

Your right of tne we dont appreciate what we have x

citerzens advice bureau work magic with dla forms book to see then they a great help x

:553:Oh my goodness what a year you have had ! Good friends and family are a blessing ,so with their help hopefully you will get the support you need.
Marie.

hi bridie, blimey what a time you've had! will keep everything crossed for a good recovery for you x

Gosh, that has been one hellish year, I hope that the remainder of the year is kinder to you xx
Steph xx

I remember you and omg what a disaster of a year for you! I sincerely hope that you continue to recuperate and go from strength to strength and also possibly that you can use your illness to get the funding you need for surgery that can and will hopefully turn your life around xx

What a dreadful year you have had so far. Hopefully it will turn around for you and the second half of the year will make up for it. X

Well heres hoping thinks will go on improving for you.

Good luck for the future. xxxx

Back