• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What is going on?

lotsabeefy

Hi all.
I had my bypass on 13th Jan 2010. I had lost 14lbs pre op and over the following 2 weeks i lost another 16lbs...........since then i have lost nothing!
However I have a pair of trousers that I have worn almost every day since my op and because of my size fastened them with a lace.
Over the past 2 weeks I have had to tighten the lace more and more until today when i have discarded the lace altogether because my trousers actually fit. (hooray)
The thing is how can my trousers fit if i havent even lost a single solitary pound? Do i need some new scales?

Are you exercising? Or building activity?

You really ought not to be watching scales and should instead be looking at how your clothes fit ... x Scales are dangerous things for ANY dieter.

im the same. im still losing weight although its slower now.. but my clothes r huge on me now! u can lose inches without losing weight because muscle weighs more than fat.. HTH xx

Forget scales, they are dangerous :) I know it is difficult, thats why I don't have one at home and nurse told me not to get one :)

Just feel good on new fitting clothes :)

it is true you can lose inches and stay the same weight as muscle does weigh more especialy if you are exercising you will shrink quicker. Best of luck and keep up the good work....Congrats on discarding the lace and being able to fasten your trousers hun xxx

yes you can is the simple answer...:D

Its called transference, as you are more active, you burn fat but add muscle.

Thanks everyone for your advice, hope this dosnt mean i'm gonna be a 25stone body builder lol

After my op the first week i lost 4lb my second week i lost 12lb then the next 3 weeks i lost nothing! I was abit worried but it didnt last long as for the next 4/5 months i lost an average of 3-4 lb a week. I seem to drop weight, then inches weird i know but we still lose inches even though the scales remain the same, so chin up and try and enjoy the ride!

Just as the others say, you can lose inches and not pounds. Chuck the scales and invest in a ball of string. Cut the piece that fits around your waist, hips and anywhere else you want to measure, each week wrap the string around see how it goes. I'm sure each week you will see more n more string hanging past your finger n thumb. You could use a tape measure i know, but who wants to remember the numbers? When the string gets ridiculously large you can measure the original, measure the loss and put it on a spreadsheet and eventually have a lovely downhill chart :) Lovely xx

I carnt really add anymore here but didnt want to r an run, the only difference i can see is i didnt loose a huge amount like other did, mine came of 7-8 lbs for the first couple of weeks then slowed to 3-4 a week since then:)

Good luck but deffinately dump the scales there a pain:)

Sharon xx

I had that happen to me too according to my scales i didnt loose anything last week but im sure that im consistantly shrinking because i had to order new uniform today so I dont really worry about it much.

Back