• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What Meds are we supposed to have?

madstaffyblonde1

http://tickers.wlsurgery.
Can anyone tell me the correct medication we should be on at 4 weeks post op?

When I left hospital I was given
Adcal-D3
Lansoprazole Fast Tabs Mg orodispersible tablets

when I got a prescription from my doctors he gave me:
Calcichew-D3
Lansoprazole Mg Gastro-resistant capsules
Ketovite vitamin tablets

Can we even take capsules at 4 weeks post op?

I was admitted to hospital on Thursday and when i told the pharmacist what medication i was on (I didn't no the Lansoprazole were Mg capsules at the time) she told me I should not be on Calichew as they contain different ingredients to the Adcal-D3 and also told me that the Ketavite tablets should be kept in the fridge, this I knew as it states this on the label but my friend has not been told this

Ime on : calcichew, forcival, B12, iron, laprozole, & perfectil. I took all these 3 weeks post op. Gail x

Adcal-d3, fast tab and forcival been taking them for well over 12 months now

What is forcival? are these vitamin tablets as my gpgave me Ketovite which are more or less the same as the liquid vits we are given when we leave hospital but in tablet form and are very very small

I was prescribed: Adcal-D3 (CALCIUM AND vIT d), Lansoprazole Fast Tabs (TO PROTECT MY POUCH), Ferrous Fumarate (iron), Centrum A-Z (multivitamin), ursodeoxycholic acid (to stop gallstone formation) and have B12 injection every 12 weeks.

I was taking a multi vitamin with Iron and a hair, skin and nails tablet before the op but the hospital dietaticain told me that the multi vitamin was no good and tat I had to take a multi-vitamin with minerals and i cant have the hair,skin and nails at the moment as they are way to big

i was told that if your tablets are to big, crush them up and take them as a powded.

Forceval are nearly an inch long and i had them straight after my op xxx

I have noticed that slot of peeps take a separate iron tablet but on the lansoprazole box it states do not take iron or indigestion remadies at the same time

Back