• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What type of pre op diets are there?

louisaL

looking to make a change!
I see the majority of people are put on milk diets, but have heard someone going on a soup diet? are their any others. i know some people can have food and a certain amount of calories.

hi Louisa..how are you getting on...??
I haven't heard about the soup diet from the l& d but I have heard someone say they went on a low calorie diet as they couldn't tolerate the milk...
give the L& d a ring and ask them hun ..xxx

I was given a choice by my nurse of either a protein diet or optifast. I decided on optifast as I thought if I removed food altogether I would feel less likely to cheat. It is to be started two weeks before surgery and I start it in less than 3 weeks, yikes!!!!

I was put on a very low calorie, low fat diet. It was about 500 calories a day. I could have 2 small slices of bread during the day, 100gm of protein at two meals and veg.

Hi Thanks for your replies everyone!

Lisa, dont worry I dont want to come off the milk I was just curious at the different ones as I had never heard of the soup one before.

I was given a choice by my nurse of either a protein diet or optifast. I decided on optifast as I thought if I removed food altogether I would feel less likely to cheat. It is to be started two weeks before surgery and I start it in less than 3 weeks, yikes!!!!

All the best stephanie! x

Hi Lisa, How are you getting on at L&D Im in northants too and have just had funding agreed by PCT L&D is one of the options for my place of surgery, I would be interested to hear what you think of the support there? or anyone else if they have any comments ?

i wasn't given a choice but being asthmatic i assume they chose the low fat low carb diet because of this as milk makes me very wheezy. It

hi libbyloo...
I live near Wellingborough...
I was given a choice of Luton or Birmingham..
I chose Luton because i can confidently drive to Luton..It would be easy for me to get to should there be complications..
Birmingham..lol i would get lost lol..
I was born and bred in Luton so I have family there and I am confident getting there and familiar with the hospital.
I am currently in the lost 5% body weight ...so I have only been twice...(i am back on the 22nd march)
I have to say I have found them ok..they have treated me well so far..and people I know personally have had great after-care...each time I have rang I have always got a reply..

My only complaint it the time scales the nurses quote for the next appointments are never the reality..eg they say we have you back in 3 months...but when the appointment comes its more like 4 .....
I hope this helps...

Lisa x

Back