• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When to bring Hospital bag?

farzu

Hi all, i have only a day left for my surgery. I made a list of what to take to hospital but i have a question about if to take the bag with me when i go or tell my hubby to bring the bag later. I know that i wont be needing all the stuffs as soon as i get out of the theatre. In the sheet that they provided me from the hospital it says they wont be liable for any of the stuffs. I was thinking of going to the hospital empty handed and tell my hubby to bring the bag later when i wake up. My house i not too far from the hospital. What do u all think?

i took mine with me, it is totaly up to you really either way the first night you will be in your hospital gown, but if you carnt decide i would say bring it with you so its there and put away in your room, if you are going on a ward or privite room i am sure everything will be safe, you can put it all away ready for when you come out of the high dependancy where they keep an eye on you just after your op. xxxxxx

they also have a couboard with a lock and key and you can put all your valubules like wedding ring, and stuff in there and give your hubby the key. xxx

my room was locked by the porter when we left to go to surgery

I took everything with me, the only valuable thing I took was my phone and I locked it in my case when I went to theatre - good luck with op and wishing you a speedy recovery x

I took everything with me but i live quite a distance away but like having my own stuff around me. I had to be in the afternoon before because of my sleep apnoea so took all i would need from Fri til Monday x You lucky living near by your husband could bring most of it later if thats what you would prefer. I got my hubby to bring my fleecy blanket for the night i was cool. I also by the way have been very cold since the op can't seem to keep warm these days xx

Back