• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why I chose WLS

helekisapa

Looking back on my life I suppose I have been big all my life. I remeber that when I wa 17 I was size 18 clothes but walked nearly every where with my parents when on holidays as they loved walking but as the years went on I slowly got bigger.I also remember in my past eating about 6 slices of dry bread and big lumps of cheese and suppose this didn't help,I felt down alot due to my skinny sister getting all the fellas and not me especially on fella I liked at the time who only asked me out to get to her. But I eventually did meet my prince charming and we got married in 1987. I was still piling on the weight even after having to wonderful kids, in fact I weighted more after the kids were born than I did before.
Then in 2000 due to unforseen circumstances I lost the kids and stopped walking every where and just sat at home on the pc not wanting go go anywhere.
Then in 2008 my eldest came back home and we went to cornwall for a hoilday but I found walking really hard and couldn't walk more than a few feet with out pain in my lower back.
I went to the drs back in 2011 and asked for surgery and was lucky to get funding. Now since the start of my wls journey I have lost 2st 6lbs.

By the way I have been married to the same man for 25 years this Aug and he still loves me as much today as he did back in 1987 and is behind me 100%

Hi Helekisapa,

Thanks for the background to your journey. Have noticed that you already had your surgery on 9th Jan and you have lost a stone since then (as well as some pre-op weight loss).

Hope the weight continues to fall off + the journey goes well for you. :)

An up date on my journey.
Today 30th jan I went to the A & E at the manor as I have been worried about my scars popping open, but the kind drs there have reasured me that the scars coming open and the discharge from them is all natural due to the liquids trying to find their way out and that there is no infection.I am due to visit my own drs surgery on Fri to have my wound checked. My husband has told me many times that all is ok but I still needed the reasurance from the drs

I have found since surgery that my feet aren't swollen any more as before they were swollen all the time also I can walk round the supermarkets without the aid of the trolley any more

Back