• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Worried about a few things...

SophieG

I am 12days post op of gastric bypass and have slowly over the last few days started puréed food which I seem to be tolerating well and although I can only manage 5-6teaspoons I'm obsessing at the thought of stretching my pouch. Wondered if anyone else experienced this? Also for the first time this evening I think I felt hungry although it could have been "head hunger" it's driving me crazy as I'm so scared I've ruined it :(

My not a bypasser but I'm quite sure you cannot ruin a pouch in a couple of days of puree!
I was obsessed too of ruining my sleeve but discovered - on mash stage - that I immediately feel sick if I overeat even if it's one single mouthful so I believe I could never stretch my sleeve.
I understand your being nervous in these first days but keep following your guidelines and you'll be fine.
:)

HI I AM a bypasser and now 2 yrs post op, don't stress follow the guide lines. When you have had just that little bit too much you will have pain or discomfort in your upper chest/ shoulder line. You will feel full up to ya chin. Just keep eating small and often and drinking in between, try and keep the walking in there cos exercise as well is the key the more you loose the 1st 6 months the better. You won't stretch ya pouch if ya follow the amounts n guide lines. Keep up with water though cos that keeps everything clean inside and promotes the healing then eating the protein helps the body to heal. It all works together. It is a worrying time when you first get home and wonder what the hell you have done, you will be fine, if you don't have sample menus look on google if you cant find any on here but I think there may be some on here or someone may suggest some, I lived on pureed fresh veg with blended meat, fresh fruit pureed, low fat custard, munch bunch snack pot yoghurts, Weetabix n stuff like that 1 tin of Heinz big soup chicken veg did me 3/4 meals. well pureed of course. Good luck xxx

I've never eaten to the point when I feel so full to my chin as u say bit after I eat when I breathe in it's like a little stitch feeling? Is that normal? I've mainly been having mash potato with beans etc and yoghurts and custard. I do struggle very much to drink in between even though it's so important x

Try eating one tablespoon less and see if the pain is still there. You should feel really full and it will really hurt if you've overeaten, but if you're getting paina nd its not fullness you need to speak to your surgeon.

It's not so much a pain it's like a stitch feeling,and now with me being 14days post op I'm wondering if it's just my body healing now things will be calming down inside maybe?

Well it could possibly be give it a few days and if it worsens or doesn't improve give the hospital a ring. Please try and drink more carry a sports bottle round with you and keep sipping its amazing how much you get through when you are carrying it round with you. I was told by the surgeon the night before to practice deep breathing I also find that on the odd occasion when food has felt stuck this has eased it some what. So keep doing that as well. Fish in parsley sauce blended is nice n healthy too you could put some cauli or broccoli with it. xx

I'm trying but it takes me so long to drink just a pint of squash lol the stitch feeling doesn't seem so bad this morning as I've just eaten some porridge. I'm still obsessing at the thought of stretching it though I've even started dreaming about it. :( silly I know,just don't want to ruin my second chance at life even though I'm sticking to the guidelines,thanks for your suggestions ladies :)

Hi

I'm 3 years post op bypass,in the first weeks of healing I remember getting like a stitch/tightness feeling.
It's your body healing inside,you just have to listen to your body and take it easy.
And as for over stretching your pouch I doubt you are doing this.
You seem quite conscience about your amounts so you will be fine.
Why don't you try some jelly it's a good form of liquid and satisfying. X

I remember thinking I've stretched my pouch all this time. I probably have a bit now but I'm over a year out so this is to be expected a little. I don't think you can in the early days unless you are forcing yourself to eat more than you can manage. I found I used to throw up if I tried to eat too much or at least felt very sick. In the beginning I used a ramakin as a guide for a portion size unless it was soup, if it was soup I could manage more. Take it easy, stick to what you have been told and if you are still struggling with pain that concerns you give your team a ring. They will help you and reassure you. That is what they are there for :) x

Back