• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st fill

julieann

well i went for my first band fill yesterday with wendy at the wls group. I was weighed when i got there and since my first consultation with them at the end of november i have lost another 6lb. Before wendy did my band fill i had a chat with her and i said that i did feel as if there is some restriction there already and she said that she would check before hand as she has found with other patients that have had their surgery with wga and mr sigurdsson that he does actually give a little restriction when he puts the band in, when she checked i already have 4 mils in there so she decided that she would just top me up with 0.5 mil, which i am happy with as i would rather go back and have some more put in sooner rather than suffer to much because it is too tight. She also said that i have already lost 58% of excess body fat which she is really pleased about as they only expcect people to lose that in 1 to 2 years and i have managed that in two months, now i know that i havent got as much to lose as some but this is such an achievement for me and even though this whole wls surgery thing has been a real rollercoaster for me, it is the best thing that i have ever done for myself and i'm sure that a lot of you feel the same. I am on top of the world at the moment, i just hope that it lasts. julie xx:D:D:D

hi julieanne, thats great news very well done on the weight loss, im glad things have gone well for you, good luck for your continued journey in 2009.

liz x

Hi Julie Anne,and everyone else. Well done on your journey so far

At DOlan Park, Mr Richardson seems really great,(Iwent for a consulation) he said that I needed to do the liquid diet for 7 days, but reading everyones posts it seems like 14 days is more expected. I have a BMI of 43, can anyone let me know what they did, and Julie Anne, how much weight did you have to loose in total?

Many thanks

C

Well done julieann :clap:

:D excellent news, no wonder you're pleased.

It feels so good when you can see you're losing.....hope you get to your goal pdq;)

Well done hun, you should be happy and proud. Good for you, hope that fill does the trick!:D:D:D

Hi Julie Anne,and everyone else. Well done on your journey so far

At DOlan Park, Mr Richardson seems really great,(Iwent for a consulation) he said that I needed to do the liquid diet for 7 days, but reading everyones posts it seems like 14 days is more expected. I have a BMI of 43, can anyone let me know what they did, and Julie Anne, how much weight did you have to loose in total?

Many thanks

C
Hi c, when are you having your op done? i have about three and a half stone to loose, so am over half way there, and mr sigurdsson fitted my band at dolan park. To answer your question to the pre op diet as my bmi was low to start with i was told that i could do 1000 cals a day but opted to do slimfast with no meals to prepare myself for not eating once the op was done. xx

Back