• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 Weeks out - Need advice!

BOBBY873

Six Month Post Op
Hi,

I am 15 days out, gone through the 2 week liquid food stage post op, now started on blended food, but this is my problem.............

I don't feel hungry (which I understand is normal), but then again when I do eat and drink I don't seem to know what "full" is?
confused.gif

Only eating small amounts and at most I get a little discomfort under my right hand side rib cage, which quicly goes.

Able to have Yoghurt, soup, 1 scambled egg, 1 weetabix, pint of milk........all no problem.
ohmy.png

Is my feeling normal after Bypass.
eek.gif

Had images of being sick, limited to a couple of table spoons and really feeling quite full quicly.

Not a problem at moment and will not over eat, but are these feeling what others have experienced following same proceedure?
ohmy.png

Thanks in advance.
wink.png

Bobby

I was like this -no appetite at all. I measured everything out following the hospital guidelines.I think I started with one tablespoon and slowly increased. It's much easier to know when you are full when you start back on 'proper' food. You'll get full very quickly and will be sick if you overeat even by a little bit.
I have always ha to eat by the clock as I never got hungry. I sometimes still forget to eat but more rarely these days a I can recognise when I'm empty!

It's perfectly normal for you to feel like that at 2 weeks post bypass. Just follow what your provider has told you to do and you'll be fine :)

I agree with all the above! I couldn't fathom what "full" was until I started on solids. Then I understood....!!

Give it a bit more time when u move on too proper good you will know when ur full,very strange feeling sort of fills ur chest if that makes sense but u will defo know , hope this helps xxx

Back