• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6lb in one day?!!

FEDup1981

I WILL look like this!!
Yesterday morning on day 1 of the pre-op diet i weighed 23st 5.5lb . About 2lb more than usual, but id had a big meal the night before. :D

This morning i weigh 22st 13.5lb. Thats a 6lb weight loss in one day!!!!!!!! :eek:

And i weighed myself on both days before id had a drink, and just in my nightdress.

Last night i felt awful though, hot flushes and a headache, and ive had a terrible nights sleep. But this morning i dont feel any more hungry than i would on a normal day.

hopelesscase

Morning thats some loss and what a start.
one thing i have discovered on this journey is not to weigh yourself everyday as you can have several days were the scales dont move and then suddenly 3lbs all together.
on the days where there is no movement you begin to think what have i done and then you are elated at a big movement but then you are back to why no loss.
I had my pre op and a friday and use that day as my weigh day i go to aqua fit on a thursday eve and knowing im getting weighed the following morning makes me work all the harder.
good luck on day 2 and remember to keep the fluids up.
take care
hc

thinkbethin

Morning Mrs, sorry you did'nt sleep well and you're a bit off it but I'm sure its all going to be worth it.It will get easier and omg just wait and see how much more comes off before your op. Well done and stick with it sweetheart as I'm going to be following you soon hahaha

FEDup1981

I WILL look like this!!
Thanks HC!

I know - i shouldnt weigh myself everyday, but i sooo cant help myself!! Ive started a weight loss diary, and im so excited about seeing my weight loss. But i know what ur saying, that some days i wont lose any weight, but not to get down hearted about it.

Im drinking loads - and im never away from the loo needing a wee, and i was up about 10 times last night.

Thanks Gaynor!
Yesterday wasnt too bad. My worst time was between 8 & 10pm, and i felt so hungry and ill, and really hot. But went to bed, and put the fan on and it passed.
Today, ive had a coffee. Havent had my yogurt yet, im waiting til im really hungry.
The thought of my surgery, and my lil boy spurs me on, but gosh...... I AM STARVING!!!!!!! lol
Soon be ur turn...16 days, and you can moan to me!!

Oh and my hubby said in bed last night...."im a bit peckish" :copon: :eek:

tendersage

great start, you will lose weight pretty fast to start with, all the excess fluid will vanish, and the more you drink the better for you as you feel less hungry

JOWOOD4

Hi Fedup
I too felt like that on my first pre op day. By day 3 I didnt feel too hungry most of the time. Yesterday I had a real surge of energy and felt great all day. That was until last night when i cooked my husband roast pork and all the trimmings. I had to go in the bath and then pour fairy liquid over everything that was left so that I didnt shovel it down!
Mullerlight didnt taste quite the same!
Never mind - it will all be worth it
At least I dont have to do a sunday dinner today.
Keep up the good work
JO XX

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
well done 6llbs is great, as HC says try not to weigh every day, i know its easier said than done, as im a self confessed scales addict.

if anyone tryed to take away my scales id have to kill them lol :eek:

liz x

FEDup1981

I WILL look like this!!
Thanks everyone. I think the scales are super-glued to my feet tho!! hahahaha
xxxx

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Sounds like things are going great :) You'll probably find that as you go along the pre-op your weight loss slows down, I think I lost lots in the first 7-8 days then not much afterwards.

Can you put them somewhere not readily accessible ? In a shed or garage ?

I did the hopping on and off, after a wee and a pooh .... not quite after blowing my nose, but almost - I've been there - and for me it was obsessive. If I appeared to have lost I felt elated :D and thought I deserved a treat, if I was the same or put on half a pound I felt suicidal and thought - whats the point, where are the biscuits :cry:

I have even stood on one leg, lightly touching the sink with my little finger to see my weight go lower ! :eek:

I think hunger does something to our brain cells :confused:

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
LOL chips, thats slightly excessive! I aim to weigh once a week now, but weighed daily on the pre-op.

FEDup1981

I WILL look like this!!
lol chips - im not quite that obsessive - though ive just weighed myself again, and lost 2lb since this morning!!

Im going to weigh myself once a day on the pre-op diet, because im doing a diary, but after the op, it will be once a week.

Just had my last yogurt for today, and tonight feels easier than last night so far.
Roll on the 14th!

Sambucca

sounds like you are breezing through the pre op diet hun. Well done.

halve me

wow!! what a weight loss!!! you are making it sound so easy!! good luck with the rest of the pre-op! xx