• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

8th April '09 (Band) Dolan Park-anyone else????

Skip

Hi all

I know it is a little way off, but my band op is 8th April '09 at Dolan Park, Bromsgrove with Mr Super.

If anyone else is having one at the same time or close to it and is at the same stage as me (feeling very :confused: overwhelmed!:confused:) - please contact me!

I know it is early and people probably dont book this far ahead, but I wanted to be 100% prepared.

Upto now, I have had loads of advice (esspecially from Shelbell :)) but I want to learn as much as I can.

Hopefully hear from you soon.

Cheers, Skip x

Hi Skip,

Im 6weeks post op and if you have anything you want to ask me feel free. I was very nervous post op too. Congrats on your surgery date and I hope it all runs smoothly and you have a quick recovery. Take care R x

Hiya Skip,

Congratulations on getting your date through! I was just wondering, are you getting yours done on the nhs? If so, could you tell me what the process was for you? From going to the doctors, right up until now. I am currently waiting to see if I can have a band on the nhs, my bmi is nearly 42 and I have my psycology app. on the 13 Jan. I'm very nervous incase I say something that will harm my chances of being granted the band and any info you have about your journey would help.

Thanks x

Hi Hodgey03

Thank you for your message....

No it is not on the NHS, I am paying for the procedure (£4950 for the op & £125 for each fill). It is through WGA at the hospital group in Bromsgrove.

Hope it all works out for you.

Skip xx :) xx
Hiya Skip,

Congratulations on getting your date through! I was just wondering, are you getting yours done on the nhs? If so, could you tell me what the process was for you? From going to the doctors, right up until now. I am currently waiting to see if I can have a band on the nhs, my bmi is nearly 42 and I have my psycology app. on the 13 Jan. I'm very nervous incase I say something that will harm my chances of being granted the band and any info you have about your journey would help.

Thanks x

Hi all

Well I have not been on here for ages!

As I am now getting closer to the date of surgey (8th of April), I wondered if anyone else was getting their op done at Dolan Park, with Mr Sigurdsson.
If anyone is, please let me know... it would be great to have a friend in the same boat.

Cheers, Skip xx

Hey Skip, nice to see you back posting ;)

Hi all

As I am now getting closer to the date of surgey (8th of April), I wondered if anyone else was getting their op done at Dolan Park, with Mr Sigurdsson.
If anyone is, please let me know... it would be great to have a friend in the same boat.

Cheers, Skip xx

Hi skip i had my band fitted by mr sigurdsson in november and he was absolutely brilliant, you will also probably find that once fitted you will have restiction as he usually fills the band slightly, he actually put 4 mils in mine, so i didnt need my first fill until january and by that time i had lost just under two stone which i was really pleased with. Any questions just ask. julie

Hi Julie,
Thank you for your prompt response!
When I met Mr S, he seemed really nice and down to earth! your WL is fantatsic!!
I know I am not a member that has full access, so is there anyway I can see your photos etc so I can see your story?
Cheers, Skip xxx

Hi skip i had my band fitted by mr sigurdsson in november and he was absolutely brilliant, you will also probably find that once fitted you will have restiction as he usually fills the band slightly, he actually put 4 mils in mine, so i didnt need my first fill until january and by that time i had lost just under two stone which i was really pleased with. Any questions just ask. julie

Thanks sweetie.
Well my date is getting closer! I have put another post on to see if you can show me if anyone else is having their surgery at Dolan Park on 8th April, but I have no idea to find out how etc - can you help???

Hey Skip, nice to see you back posting ;)

Hi Skip,

I'm having my band fitted at Dolan Park with Mr Super on Wednesday. I'm getting nervous as i've never had an operation before but am 100% sure its what i really REALLY want to do. Will keep you posted!

Hi all

Cheers, Skip xx

Hey skip i had band fitted on Valentines day with Sigursen ( cant spell it!!!) went ok there was loads of girls there and normally they will pop in for a chat well at least everyone did and i there its really helpful to see how they are coping and help each other along. My biggest problem is i miss my food its a comfort thing. Ive lost 20lbs 10 pre op on a diet and another 10 since last Saturday. First few days were hard but it gets easier....best of luck pet xxx

Hi Lucyann
Thank you for your message, OMG! your OP is today, well good luck! I am sure it will go well and you will be fine.
Please let me know how you get on, I would love to follow your progress.

So where abouts are you in the country?

Speak soon.
Cheers, Skip xx

Hi Skip,

I'm having my band fitted at Dolan Park with Mr Super on Wednesday. I'm getting nervous as i've never had an operation before but am 100% sure its what i really REALLY want to do. Will keep you posted!

Hi skip, im sorry but i havent posted any pictures of my weightloss journey simply because, 1 i never liked having my pictures taken when i was bigger and 2 the pictures that i have got, i dont know how to put them on my profile as im not much of a computer wizz! sorry. julie

Hi Julieann

OK no worries, maybe one day.

Good Luck anyway!

Cheers, Skip xxx
Hi skip, im sorry but i havent posted any pictures of my weightloss journey simply because, 1 i never liked having my pictures taken when i was bigger and 2 the pictures that i have got, i dont know how to put them on my profile as im not much of a computer wizz! sorry. julie

Hi Skip,

I've booked in for Mr Sigurdssen as well on the 30th April. Bit nervous as I'm going there from South Wales on my own and don't know what to expect even worried if I can't find the hospital, I'm leaving early hours to get there by 7!!!

Hi there

Although I did book with Mr Sigurdssen, my date changed and I had my op done by Mr Super (I had previously met both of them).

Regarding finding the hospital, its ok to find, but I would suggest you come the nite before and stop in a hotel, there are some reasonably priced hotels, i.e. travellodge etc from about £40 per night.

How are you getting here, train or car, is someone coming with you?

Speak soon.

Skip x

Hi Skip,

I've booked in for Mr Sigurdssen as well on the 30th April. Bit nervous as I'm going there from South Wales on my own and don't know what to expect even worried if I can't find the hospital, I'm leaving early hours to get there by 7!!!

Hey Skip, good to see you back, how did things go?

Back