• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A Shot In The Dark.....

Mrs Quiggle

The other day or evening, I was watching the tv with Abbie (12) and it was one of the cookery programmes. Can't remember if it was kirsty and Phils perfect Christmas. Jamie Olivers Christmas one or something River Island ish but there was a fab Christmas cake recipe for a last minute one where you soaked the fruit in apple cider (I think) and then sort of mixed it all in. i've googled and can't find anything about it anywhere. Can anyone remember seeing it at all, I'd love to make it, Not eating it but taking it to Mums for Boxing day.

Thanks.
Kate x

Hi Kate, I didn't see but googled apple cider fruit cake tv recipe and up came "quick christmas cake from Kirsties and Phils perfect Christmas"

Hope thats it x

ps. it sounds delicious :):)

Is it only me who can't work out the MyFitnessPal recipe thing where you put in the ingredients and it gives you the nutritional value. It wont let you put in the correct quantity for the recipe. Or am I doing it all wrong.

Kate x

Think I've worked it out. x

Last edited:
Too much fat for me as I dump, sugar seems fine though. Maybe next year!!

Hope you enjoy it x

There is another recipe called kims cake from rosemary connolly - it is easy to make i used to make it for my mum who was diabetic, i just used a tiny bit of sugar replacement the rest was fruit soaked in tea - i adjusted it bit and added glace cherries and mixed spices - im sure it must be on line too x

Back