• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice from long term bypassers

lynsey2510

was hoping you could give me an insight into the long term bypasser. What Im wondering about is, at the moment im addicted to chocolate, thats my fall down, big time, but how do I change that "want" after the bypass? Surely I will still want chocolate? Is it just a case of, no I cant eat that family size dairy milk beause I will be physically sick? What happens if you eat more than you should? Im just trying to work out how the bypass actually stops you. Sorry to babble one!

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Hia,

I have a chocolate weakness too, especially just before my totm!

I find that these days, if I want chocolate, I have it. BUT I have 2 or 3 squares and that's all, and I'm satisfied with that.

I know if I have more I will dump, and dumping is not at all pleasant, so it is a real deterrant to eating badly.

For this to work for me, it has had to be something that is not a diet. I don't feel restricted or deprived of anything, and that is what makes it work. If I want something, i have it, but just a small bit. The only thing I can't physically eat is chips, they make me feel disgusting and make my pouch hurt. But I don't miss them :)

I've found that my tastes and wants have changed, I enjoy salads and healthier options. Fatty foods taste gross, and processed foods taste bland and stodgy.

FEDup1981

I WILL look like this!!
having chocolate will make you dump, and apparently that feeling is awful. You will feel so ill, headaches, nausea, palpitations etc And once youve had that, im sure it will put u off for life!

FEDup1981

I WILL look like this!!
i had a triple choc skinny cow ice lolly today, and it was gorgeous - satisfied my choc craving!

fat-girl-slim08

At Goal & Now Maintaining
Too much Chocolate will make most people dump. Before my Op I was and still consider myself a chocoholic, I absolutley love the stuff and still do, But 3 Squares Maximum for me and I am satisfied, and I can Honestly say from the bottom of my heart I am.
Any more than 3 squares and I dump and its horrible and just not worth it!!, I have chocolate probably 5 days of a week but remember only 2 to 3 squares and it hasn't done me any harm and so Far in 5 months lost 5 stone. So yeah little at a time.

hopelesscase

My tastes have just changed sooo much and just the thought of anything sweet makes me feel ill. But the thought of being physically ill if i did eat it is a big enough deterant for me.
hc

Brunetteandred

Officially a loser
My tastes have just changed sooo much and just the thought of anything sweet makes me feel ill. But the thought of being physically ill if i did eat it is a big enough deterant for me.
hc

I guess that's what one could call working with the bypass!

hopelesscase

I think a lot of it is also down to my job. I have sole responcibility 24/7 25 days a month for severly autistic children who need constant supervision. I think this has really helped me get my head around my food choices and planning my meals quite often it is difficult to cook whilst the children are at home so i have to be organised. I do a lot of batch cooking and freeze it in meal size portions for me so i can just whizz it in the microwave when needed.
Eating something knowing that it could possiably cause me to dump isnt an option because of the vaunerability of the kids.
HC