• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am i EVER gonna get my op? *cry*

wannabeminime

My surgery has been cancelled for August. The Czech Rep doctor wants a firm diagnosis and treatment before he will consider surgery. So now i have to await nhs investigations first. Then clear my dairy for 3 weeks (self-employed; not easy to do, i planned the August op about 9 months ahead), make sure i have child care (single mum so nearly impossible to arrange)and start all over again.

I am devastated:cry::cry::cry:

wannabeminime said:
My surgery has been cancelled for August. The Czech Rep doctor wants a firm diagnosis and treatment before he will consider surgery. So now i have to await nhs investigations first. Then clear my dairy for 3 weeks (self-employed; not easy to do, i planned the August op about 9 months ahead), make sure i have child care (single mum so nearly impossible to arrange)and start all over again.

I am devastated:cry::cry::cry:

Oh no Hun... So u managed to get the funds then this happened?? Hoping things go ur way x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

isnt it better that he wants to make sure you are up for surgery not sure what investigations and treatments etc but sounds like a good dr to me

just seen why but still think better safe than sorry hon

just seen why but still think better safe than sorry hon

I know you're right, but its so upsetting. I was all geared up for it. I'll copy it here;

It started about 4 months ago when my deceased father was seriously ill, the gp thought it was anxiety so prescribed antidepressants, which made absolutely no difference. I thought i had a chest infection, and following 2 lots of antibiotics, it felt a bit better but it was still there. The the gp prescribed omeprazole, which sometimes helps. Some days i am ok, others i am not. Basically it feels like something is sitting in my oespthagus, from my throat to my stomach, like a foreign body. I isnt acidy, its better when i have eaten, it doesnt affect my sleep, and it doesnt hurt. Its just 'there', if you know what i mean. Its either GORD, a stomch ulcer, or a hiatus hernia i reckon. None of which mean i cant have surgery, but the doc wants it confirmed first. And the diagnosis may affect which op i have.

I know how you are feeling honey really I do it must be gutting to be all ready for it and WHAM I just feel especially as they dont know what it is it really should be sorted out first know that you also realise its for the best but as you say its heart wrenching to have to put it off

So sorry to hear this Becky. I know part of me thinks perhaps it is for the best -- while you have so much other stress going on (sorting out your father's estate etc) -- and that perhaps fate intended this to happen, so that eventually .... after your father's estate is sorted you might actually be able to afford one of the other surgery options.

However, I realise as you say, having cleared your diary for 3 weeks this August, arranging another time to be able to do that then becomes difficult.

Hope it all works out eventually -- there must be a reason why fate has intervened stuck a spanner in the works at this particular time.

I am hoping that it is because ultimately fate has some better long term plan for you.

only just seen this Becky , 2012 has been a tough year for you . As the others say its to do with fate , maybe 2012 needs to close its door on the bad & allow 2013 to be your year .
whatever , your health is paramount so get that sorted first xx

So sorry, Becky :cry: What a shocking year you have had :( I have tried putting myself in your position as I am also very impatient, but still come down thinking your safety had to be the first priority :sigh: You have to be 100% to go through this op & now you know you will be once they have sorted you out. Take care, honey ... all things shall pass :):)

I can understand how gutted you must feel. I hope that the nhs get their skates on and pronounce you op ready.

How terribly frustrating and disappointing for you. I hope you get your diagnoses soon so you can move on with your op. Keeping my fingers crossed things get sorted soon x

Thank you all, you are all correct in that i need to be diagnosed correctly before going abroad for surgery. i wouldnt want to risk things going wrong.

Instead i am going to focus on getting my fathers affairs sorted out. My time off work for surgery will now be spent in Ireland, dealing with his paperwork, personal effects etc. I am dreading it but it has to be done.

I really will be glad when this year is over, it has been a dire year, and isnt getting any better. My ex father in law and his wife are both sick (i am still very close to them). He is on the heavy duty chemo for prostate cancer, and she is having a heart valve replacement this month. I never rains but it pours. :cry::cry: xxx

Back