• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any regrets? Gastric sleeve....

jo.g

I am seriously considering having a gastric sleeve. However I'm really concerned about how I will cope! Hav you had a sleeve? If so has the impact of such serious surgery been a positive or negative one?

Thank you!!

I've been fine only 25 days post op but I've lost weight and feel great xx
I had my moments in the beginning but all good now X
Go to the diary section on here and read people's Diarys they are very honest on here xxx

I am due to have my Gastric sleeve next Friday...i am very nervous and as i have quite a low pain threshold. Can anyone give me an insight into the first few days post op? Thanks

I had it done 8 days ago. Had very little pain but did have discomfort from the wind and what pain I had was well-managed by the hospital. My abdomen is still distended presumably from swelling and gas!!!

Turning over at night was an issue for a couple of days but it's been amazing how quickly it improved.

Sometimes a little discomfort if I've guzzled my soup down too quickly, more like a lump in my throat. My experience is nothing to worry about.

Its a mixture of both..i think the further out you get the more you realise this too.
Research a lot and be 100% sure of your decision. Good luck x

I was in a lot of pain for about 24 hours but I have a lot of pre-existing conditions and the pain relief I am already on blocked the pain relief they were giving me so I'm not usual I don't think. I approached it on the basis I'd feel pretty rubbish for a short period of time but I was having surgery and I believed it was worth it.
A couple of days out and I wasn't too sore at all :)

I am out by 20 months. No regrets. The first two days after the operation was uncomfortable but I did not need any painkillers after that. I was out and abouts 2 days later, they do recommend walking anyway.
Good luck to you.

Back