• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any threads on recommended plastic surgeons?

Samsara

I realise I am way ahead of myself here :eek: but I can't seem to find anything when I google/search about good results from plastic surgeons who have worked on loose skin removal in its various forms/procedures (and the costs involved). Is there already a thread in existence for this - and apologies if I have overlooked it :D It must be something other people further down the line are also looking for...

I am sure there are some posts about this but regarding surgeons it depends on whether you are seeking NHS funding or not. If you are private and willing to travel then various of us have had plastics done. I used an excellent man whose practice I know and who with one of his partners did every plastics procedure for me as I needed extensive reconstruction having lost 23 stones. The results were phenomenal and I was very pleased. The price was high and will be higher still now 2 years later I'm sure. Costs depend on what you have done, how many procedures done together and the amount of work that is involved. The best advice is to seek out someone with post bariatric experience and go and see at least two and get a feel for them and their work, they will give you a quote at that time. To have absolutely everything done will be in excess of £25,000.

HTH

M

Thank you for your reply. Due to the lack of funding (I am told there will be none!) for plastics on the NHS I meant private. GULP! £25k. That is alot. Anyway, as you are spending so much and you want good results I would prefer recommendations and would definitely be prepared to travel. I was watching Embarrassing Fat Bodies recently and I saw someone post tummy tuck (I think - could've been lower body lift?) where the scar line and belly button looked a bit wonky which was a worry. I guess you only know what you need when you get there but my minimum would be a tummy tuck - probably followed by a breast uplift. When I google it all the usuals come up - Hospital Group etc. I did email them and they said the more procedures you have done, the overall price comes down. Is that the case generally? Or just The Hospital Group?

Can I ask where you had yours/surgeon, what you had done and how much? I certainly wouldn't have £25k so I would have to do it in stages and hope I could finance some of it.

Hurrah - grateful for any replies, thank you. There must be more people on here who have had plastic surgery that can recommend surgeons. I would prefer the UK I think :) x

Hi - if it helps I am paying £5.5k for a fleur de lis tummy tuck with additional lipo to my flanks (horrid word :(). This is with the Spire Medical Group - all over the UK I think but I will be at the Spire hospital in Edinburgh. I would imagine like any business, they might do you a package deal if they can link a couple of procedures together. My consultant was telling me that the price tends to be dictated by the amount of operating theatre time though.

When on a budget you might want to look into surgery abroad. There are a bunch of different ones that are being recommended/ visited by people from this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I looked into quite a few surgeons in my area and my advice would be to keep an eye out for 'open events' which are basically presentations on different procedures so you get to see the surgeons work and have a free mini consultation with them - l went to two of these and it meant l could decide if l liked them before l paid the consultation fee which in Scotland seems to be £120 across the board.

They even throw in free refreshments and I'm a sucker for a free piece of cake! Good luck in your search :)

Back