• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone Been Banded Glasgow on NHS

UglyBetty

Hi just wondered what your experiences were? I went initially to docs 7 months ago to be referred for the band and was put on the waiting list for a weight management course, got my first appointment last week and the dietitian wants me to see a physiologist??!!?? so even longer before the course starts!This WMC is almost a year long!!! Does anyone know if it's worth my while going back to doctors and asking to be referred again, im at desperate stages now.

Hi,

It depends on what the process is for your PCT. It might be worth contacting PALS or the PCT direct and ask them for the referral criteria and pathway. You might find that doing 1 year weight management is an essential part of the criteria for funding, and that therefore you'll just have to grin and bear it.

If it helps, I did over a year weight management, and post op found it really useful to use the tools and info I'd learned.

Thanks Shell, i have actually been following your progress as i had a date for my band (privately) the same date you got your bypass but low and behold i couldn't afford it at the time:( and so have been following your progress closely (lurking) and you have done sooo well congratulations!

hey there
I am in glasgow and was wondering what your weight management course was like...I think im needing some sort of psychological help with my thinking but cant afford private. Ta x

Thanks Betty :) It's always nice when lurkers come out from the corner ;)

hey there
I am in glasgow and was wondering what your weight management course was like...I think im needing some sort of psychological help with my thinking but cant afford private. Ta x

Hi Sparkles

i havn't actually started the WMC yet im waiting for appointment to see psychologist (dietitian who is bout half my age says so so i must abide!?!) then once i see him/her i start the course, then the long hard slog begins, apparantly the course is almost a year long and i won't even be considered for surgery until i commplete it!! Anyone know any different please let me know!!

Have you been to doctors yet sparkles?

Thanks Betty :) It's always nice when lurkers come out from the corner ;)

Your very welcome Shell, im so very jealous of how far you've come, in a nice way though :) So glad for you. You must feel like a whole brand new person!!

Back