• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone familiar with Gravitas at Spire Murrayfield Hospital Wirral?

EmmaLouise81

Hi everyone!

On this long journey of mine in hope fo a gastric bypass(which included a failed flight to meet Mr Somers in Chichester so I terrified to fly) I have found a new avenue. I would be willing to take a 8-hour ferry trip to Birkenhead from Belfast...according to Google map this is quite close to Spire Murrayfield hospital, is this the case?

I can't find anything regarding surgeons, names etc....will ring them tomorrow but wondered if anyone had been to this hospital for their operation?

I had my op there under the care of Mr Macadam. I'm not sure who my surgeon actually was but the surgery and nursing team are absolutely fantastic and I couldn't have asked for better care. The high dependency unit nurse went above and beyond the call of duty to help me and I can't praise her enough.

The rooms are quite comfortable with their own bathroom and toilet and you have your own tv and phone as well.

I had complications which necessitated me going back in twice for an endoscope and having my pouch entrance stretched and each time I experienced a problem, I phoned them and I was in for treatment within a few days. Their care team are really good and I've been in contact with the dietician several times via email with questions and she's always got back to me quite quickly.

I am waiting to see Mr Mac or mr Kerrigan at the Spire.Its a bit further than Birkenhead,Google it and see the great site on the hospital.I have heard only good stuff about it!

Its a short taxi ride from Birkenhead, very do-able from the ferry terminal.

I didn't have my surgery there, but I get my aftercare there (I was at a different Spire through NHS and transferred there when I fell pregnant). The team are lovely, the dietician is far better than the one I was originally under, and the aftercare is excellent. I would thoroughly recommend it.

Oh, and it's only ten minutes from my house :D

Back