• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

anyone from cornwall!!!

tashaliza

Hi, thought i would open a thread to see if there are many people who have had wl surgery from cornwall. :sign0163: There seems to be a lot of people from the north but not from the south. :confused: If there is anyone who is from cornwall i would love to hear from them as i would like to know roughly how long it took from gp to surgery?
thanks love tasha xxx :grouphugg:

Hi Tasha, I'm in Cornwall. I first went to see GP in January 08 and am due to have pre-op in Taunton on 14th July, and then surgery 8-10 weeks after that. It's been a pretty long affair. I had to see Endocrinologist in Treliske, then dietician then it went to pct for funding. After they agreed it was a date to see surgeon in Taunton and then pre-op. The longest stage has been between Endocrinology and dietician, I waited for months to see her. Whereabouts are you and what wls are you hoping to have? x

hi djbp98,

im in a little village near bodmin and i've only just been refered to treliske to see mr pinkney the endocrinologist after waiting two years :( i have spoken to his secretary and hope to see him within a couple of months (fingers crossed). i dont know what surgery im gonna have yet but from looking at all the posts i think it will have to be a bypass as im a sweet eater...... its been really hard just getting this far but im really pleased that there is someone else on here who is from cornwall and who has gone through the wl jouney already.
hope to speak to you soon tasha xxx

Tasha, Dr Pinkney is really lovely. He totally understands where we're coming from and is so supportive. The dietician is lovely too. All in all, even tho it's been a long journey all the professionals that I have met so far have been great. I'm going for a band which will happen around September. Im not that far from Bodmin, my son will be going to bodmin college in September. It's great that you're local. Just keep going and don't give up if that's the journey you want! x

hi dj,
thanks for your kind words, its nice to know that i'm not alone!!! i have just found out that i will have to wait up to 3 months for a first appointment so im abit dissappointed but at least i know that i will be seen eventually :):):).
glad to hear you are nearly there!!! if you ever wanna talk you know you can pm me. tasha xxx

Back