• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone gained weight in a week when they 6 months + after a gastric bypass?

lottietat

I am coming upto 8 months post bypass and I gained 1.6lbs a couple of weeks before Christmas which I wasn't too worried about as I had been out for lots of meals and drunk alcohol a couple of times.
Since New year, I started counting calories and tried to be better on my diet, but this week I have suddenly put on 2lbs!!!!
I seem to be able to eat a bit more than usual and am hungry more
Anybody else witnessed weeks of gaining or maintaining when they are months on after the bypass?
Help!!!

cazbandy

Bring on the Trumpets!
Hi there,

I have not had the bypass, but it is not uncommon with any weight loss method to gain back a few pounds now and then. Maybe as you ate a little more over the holiday period you have slightly stretched the pouch.

Maybe go back to liquids/mushy for a couple of day and then back to normal after that. I have heard that can work.

If not, it might be time to step up the excercise to break through the plateaux.

I am sure you will get back on track soon, so try not to worry...:) Your ticker shows an amazing weightloss so far!!!

lottietat

Thanks Cazbany. I think you are right. I was just hoping for some reassurance from others that a gain every now and then is normal!!!

tammy

Post-op Gastric Bypass
Hi hun, i am 7 months post bypass and notice some weeks i can put on up to 2lbs alot of it is dependant on my monthly cycle. i have read on other posts that some people can gain weight post bypass but i am not sure how common this is.

are you still under hospital care?? if so it might be worth asking them. let me know how you get on x

ditzyangeluk

I gained weight when I was about 2 months out & had a panic! It does depend on your monthly cycle & also toilet habits (Not to go into too much details but I suffer constipation & when I have 'been' I can lose 4lbs at a time!)

Don't worry what goes on usually comes off again I think!