• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone got mucus type symptoms on milk diet?

leilabeila

Evening,

Was just wondering whether anyone has had any issues with phlegm/mucus whilst doing the milk diet? We would always avoid dairy before singing, due to the impact on the voice/ vocal chords, and I am wondering if that is what is happening to me.

I feel absolutely fine, but voice strange and a bit phlegmy...

Thanks,

Leila

I'm not on the milk diet, thankfully, but yeah, I get that if I drink milk, it's quite normal. Let's face it, cow's milk is good for you if you're a calf, end of.

I'm on pre-op low-fat and have been using almond milk for my porridge and shakes as it is lower in fat, and haven't had any of the phlegm or coated mouth I would have with milk, worth a try? (not cheap, mind)

You'll find it next to the soya milk and UHT shelves.

I'm not on the milk diet, thankfully, but yeah, I get that if I drink milk, it's quite normal. Let's face it, cow's milk is good for you if you're a calf, end of.

I'm on pre-op low-fat and have been using almond milk for my porridge and shakes as it is lower in fat, and haven't had any of the phlegm or coated mouth I would have with milk, worth a try? (not cheap, mind)

You'll find it next to the soya milk and UHT shelves.

Thanks for your reply :) I guess I am just getting anxious that any phlegm type things might make them say no to the op...

I think its definitely a dairy thing, and does make me think about soya/ almond milk moving forward.

Thanks,

Leila x

Back