• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone had bypass at Kings College by Mr Patel ?

twiglet1963

:wave_cry:Hello all
What a great site! I'm addicted.
Abit about me....Morbidly Obese [I hate those words!] My highest weight was 23st 12lb and my lowest 10st 2lb, I have weighed over 20st for most of my 30's to now [Aged 44] I'm a grandmother to 3, a mum to 1 and happily married since the age of 16.
My Doctor wouldn't give me slimming tablets but did refer me to Kings Obesity clinic.
In December 2007 at 22st I was prescribed Rimonabant slimmimg tablets by the obesity clinic at Kings. I was told I would/could lose upto 10% of my weight but I managed to lost 4 stone in 4 months. I've stayed at 17st 12 since April 2008, still on the tablets but weight now static.
I waiting for a date with Mr Patel for a gastric bypass at Kings College [London SE5] I was wondering if anyone else has had the op there ?? They said the wait was about 3 months so should be anytime now. I've been told that the surgeon doesn't recommend any pre op diet as he thinks people are in better health for surgery if their not dieting also he doesn't remove gall bladders.
Any advise or comments welcome. Thank you. Trish X

welcome trish and well done on yr weight loss so far. cant help with yr question but im sure someone will be along soon.
HC

Thanks HC, Well done on the 32lb. Have you got a date yet? Are you going private or NHS?
I had a consultation with Shaw Sumers From TV Fat Dr. He was lovely but £8-£10k was his fee and my PCT wouldn't refer me out of London as an NHS patient. Trish

hi and welcome
im having my surgery next wednesday at chichester,shaw somers is my surgeon (fat doctor)so i cant help you other than wish you good luck and let you know we are all here in the same boat.keep posting and reading and im sure the time will fly by :)

well done on your weight loss so far and maintaining it. I had my bypass at manchester royal infirmary under mr ammori. Good luck x

Hi HC
Did the hospital give you any idea how long you would have to wait?
Have you been told about any special pre-op diet?
Trish

Back