• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

banding referal

rambo

leicester tigers
hi all firstly what a great site this is, so informative.............. ok my question is has anybody out there had a band fitted at coventry university hospital i have to see a professor kumar the surgeon on the 2nd sept, if so do you know the time scale were talking about what i should expect any info wolud be great regards steve

tammy

Post-op Gastric Bypass
Hi Steve, i am a bypasser not a bander so can't really offer any advice just wanted to say welcome to the site. I'm sure some of the banders will reply to you and offer you great advice. good luck x

rambo

leicester tigers
hi tammy many thanks for the welcome, great to see your doin well since your op well done regards steve

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Hi Steve, welcome to Mini's :) I'm a bypasser too so no help there but good luck for the 2nd!

alliecat

frustrated bander!
Hi Steve, welcome to Minis! I am a bander 5 weeks post-op and feel great! I went private, so may not be much help re the waiting time, but once you have had your consultation and if you have questions just shout - there are quite a few of us banders on here now all ready and willing to help. Good luck and keep posting xx

rambo

leicester tigers
cheers ali been reading your thread with intrest, great insight in what to expect only ten days till i see my consultant cant wait lol
regards steve :D

alliecat

frustrated bander!
cheers ali been reading your thread with intrest, great insight in what to expect only ten days till i see my consultant cant wait lol
regards steve :D

that time will fly by - make sure you make a list of any questions you want to ask at the consultation - if not you may forget something you wanted to ask! Keep posting to let us know how you get on :)

rambo

leicester tigers
yea thats good idea will sort that out been doing lots of research on the net about both banding & bypass so i will have a few l,m sure , will keep you posted no brobs
steve

rambo

leicester tigers
banding referal update

hi all well had my referal today for a banding with prof kumar at coventry university hospital,well i was expecting a banding but have been given a bypass, yippee:) well i never expected that but i,m so happy about it ,lol have to see the shrink and dietiain now and got to have blood tests tomorow so the journey begins i,m now on the road,its a great feeling to know its now started
regards
steve:)

Silversurfer

hi all well had my referal today for a banding with prof kumar at coventry university hospital,well i was expecting a banding but have been given a bypass, yippee:) well i never expected that but i,m so happy about it ,lol have to see the shrink and dietiain now and got to have blood tests tomorow so the journey begins i,m now on the road,its a great feeling to know its now started
regards

Hi Steve

Great another bypasser :D i'm just over two weeks post op and everythings going great, any questions just ask !

Cheers

Richard

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Great news Steve, will be here before you know it :D

rambo

leicester tigers
hi i have to see the proff in 4 months time ,in the mean time i have to see a shrink and the diet nurse so i can eat healthy and lose as much as poss just to make surgery easier for me i guess,but hea its well worth the wait me thinks lol but christmas wll be on us in a flash so thats 4 months so i plan 2 use the time to get as fit as poss to help my opp
regards

alliecat

frustrated bander!
Great to hear your consultation went well Steve, keep posting to let us know your progress :)

rambo

leicester tigers
banding referal/bypass update

well its been 4 months since my referal in sept, i went back on dec,30th to see proff kumar and he informed me i will have my bypass opp in august this year, yippee:D the 4 months has flown by ,so not as long to go as i expected, plus i lost nealy 2 stone since october so all good news this year so far lol

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
:clap: well done on the 2 stone! August will be hear before you know it :)

rambo

leicester tigers
thanks shelbell your wright august will be here soon enough so i will just get on with life in the meantime ,,,, and good to see your doing so well with your weight loss well done have a great 2009
regards steve