• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Barium drink

candie

fabby not flabby :)
I knew it was gonna taste foul, and my god it did:sick0019:.However I have had severe diahorrhea since I had it:eek::eek:TMI I know but has anyone else been the same, and how long does it last? :(

You can take immodium instants, I had them a couple of days after discharge as I was the same. Had already had a bad run of the runs (lol) because of the antibiotics so was fed up by then. Also started benefibre straight after discharge which helps.

Yep

I have had the barium bowels. I had a barium overload last wednesday, and the barium bowels lasted about three days for me.:wave_cry:

MNL

Barium is odd but strangely I found the taste ok, like cold toothpaste.

:D LOL caz had you just brushed your choppers before you had it lol :D

When I had barium it tasted of a chalky strawberry flavour so it was not too bad, but it did give me the runs for about 24 hours and then nothing apart from passing a bit of white stuff in my motions (too much info sorry!)

At Macclesfield where Candie and I had it it is aniseed flavour, and it is vile. I can't stand aniseed at the best of times, but when you've just had major stomach surgery gulping anything down is scary.

Does anyone know do you have the barium thing done if you have surgery at Salford with Mr Ammori?

Yea shell it's vile innit:eek::eek::eek:I was nearly sick when i swallowed it, and they told me not to take immodium:mad::mad::mad:
Fuze I think everyone having a bypass has to have the barium swallow to check there are no leaks;)

Candie get some probiotic drinks, make sure they are low sugar, and some benefibre then. I didn't ask about the immodium, just took them. Only needed them once, the benefibre kicked in quite quickly.

Back