• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Been referred to mdt

limedog

At st marys been referred to mdt and they said that's about 6-7 weeks then surgery should be October/November sooooo long to wait anyone else waiting for a sleeve

Hi, glad to read your making moves forward on the road to wls, im post op but just wanted to say well done

Hi Limedog

I am waiting for a sleeve. I went to GP in Jan 15 for a referral which I got no problem, but then had to wait 5 months for first appointment. Have visited each section of the MDT and in March this year I was finally told I could have the surgery within an 18 week NHS target that probably won't be met as they are behind on their waiting list.

Whilst there have been times of frustration at how long it is taking, particularly for getting my knee op when I have lost ten stone, I have also welcomed the opportunity to have time to reflect on what a big life event this is, to do research and to prepare myself mentally as much as I can for the major dietary changes I am going to have to deal with.

We will get there in the end. :character00255:

Hi Sam55
They are in process of having the mdt meeting so I'm a bit behind owwww exciting journey ahead but scary

yours sounds quicker than luton, im waiting for mdt not till aug 24th then if go through will be surgeon im assuming another month or so then 18 weeks possibly till surgery ?? so trust me yours sounds alot quick :( xx

Back