• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

biggest man on his way

mandyl

paul mason on his way to st richards for his op.
the biggest man. x

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
lets hope all goes well for him x

CHUCKY

yeah lets hope so bless him x

tray

i come from ipswich so we know him well .. im sorry , but he bought this on himself .. he wanted to be known as the fattest man in the world.. he would sit in his bed with his pc and phone and just order take way after take away.. he had no intention of helping himself .. then you here about people getting turned down for nhs funding even when they have tried every diet and really want this to inprove there health. paul lost lots of weight in 2003 and then wanted to put it all on again as he liked the attention he got from it ... i think this is so wrong, he should of had the phone and pc taken away from him so he could not get the take aways he had .. as he was bed ridden then he would of lost some of the weight first again, if he had a carer that went in to feed him with healthy food ...
im sorry if this angers people but this is my opinion, i am not this out spoken normaaly but this has really annoyed me ..

phatmomma

i come from ipswich so we know him well .. im sorry , but he bought this on himself .. he wanted to be known as the fattest man in the world.. he would sit in his bed with his pc and phone and just order take way after take away.. he had no intention of helping himself .. then you here about people getting turned down for nhs funding even when they have tried every diet and really want this to inprove there health. paul lost lots of weight in 2003 and then wanted to put it all on again as he liked the attention he got from it ... i think this is so wrong, he should of had the phone and pc taken away from him so he could not get the take aways he had .. as he was bed ridden then he would of lost some of the weight first again, if he had a carer that went in to feed him with healthy food ...
im sorry if this angers people but this is my opinion, i am not this out spoken normaaly but this has really annoyed me ..

I remember this story breaking and the controversy surrounding it. I remember people saying about him feeding himself crap to become the worlds biggest man and i also remember how sad i thought this man must be to be so lonely that he had to get his attention by feeding himself to a size that could take his life anyday....

So i'm going to be controversial and say, NO, HE is entitled to his surgery as much as anyone. Who am i or anyone else to say that someone doesn't have a chance to have a life and not one lay in a bed ordering take aways and playing on a pc....

I'm sorry but we help smokers who have cancer and that is self inflicted....

I'm sure this will get more replies and before anyone jumps down my neck i will say i watched my own father a smoker all his life die of lung cancer and i was grateful for any treatment that would prolong it for him.

ps, i would also like to thank my 10 yr old daughter for pointing out my spelling error, thanks Abi xx

tray

well hun you are entitled to you opinion as is everyone else. but he wasnt lonely and he had friends and also he wasnt just in his bed he did also get out in his chair as he has been seen a round ipswich in his chair ... so the media like to paint the truth. and we all know that we shouldnt really believe everything you read in the papers .....

BlueDiamond

Hi there

My point I would like to raise to Tray is, you state that he brought this on himself and he doesnt deserve the op, well then your basically stating that none of us are not entitled to wls either as some of us have bought our situations on ourselves, (wether being addicted too food, emotional eating or what ever made us choose food as our comfort)

I agree with phatmomma too , we treat alcoholics and smokers who inflict their own health issues, ppl who are addicted to food or have emotional issues with food, why shouldnt we get the same treatment and consideration too because we are over weight. I know your entitled to your opinion as is everyone , and I thought I would voice mine.

All the best - MeJulie x x

Last edited:

phatmomma

Well said mejulie and good luck for today xx

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
I totally agree with Phatmomma, well said julie. What about drug addicts we dont say we wont help them as they chose to ruin their lives and others by taking drugs. We are all to blame for our own weight problems, no one but ourselves have put the extra food in our mouths to gain the weight, but what ever our reasons to turn to food does this mean we should be denied the chance to live !!

If people are turned down for wls it is because for what ever reason they dont fit the criteria of their pct, and if he fits the criteria for his pct then why should he be denied the chance to regain his life.
Unless anyone actually is this man`s good close friend and knows him very well how can anyone know all the reasons why he is the size he is and why he chose food to comfort him.
We def cant believe all we read in the papers and what right do we have to judge this man.
Hopefully he has come through surgery and will make a good recovery and re gain his life.

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
I have to say I am on the fence here as I am terrible and hardly watch the news or read papers (ignorance is bliss and all that)

well one side is, why woudl he want to be the fattest man - money fame fortune ? and now he is teh fattest why does he want wls as he now has his dream, and if he managed to put all teh weight on by eating like that then he needed to just stop eating all that food (you might say easier said than done but come on I can honestly say hand on heart I have never binged on food to get obese I choose the wrong food i.e crisps, cider, chips mayo etc.. but i dont eat excessively i would never eat 5 bags of crisps one after another for example.

does he deserve wls... Yes of course everyone does that has a weight problem wether it is caused by hosmones, genes, bad choices, unhealthy living, we all pay taxes, we are part of the Uk which provides the NHS (good or bad)

Everyone is entitled to a second chance lets just hope he takes it and realises what he did was madness.

Helen
x

tray

its a shame you dont live in ipswich as he was in the paper again today .. mr mason lost something like 20 stone in 2003. but He decided to put all the weight back on and more as his dream was to be the fattest man in the uk then europe and eventually the world.. yes i agree that everyone should have a second chance .. he proved he can diet he lost more weight than any of us have i admire him for losing all that weight but he decided to put it all back on he would get his carers to get him fish and chips ten times aday at times .. and when ever he wanted the food, i blame the people feeding him they should get into trouble for it, if i was his carer i would of tried everything to help him lose the weight again.. but what is stopping him after the op wanting the fame again, yes he needs help with his problems, i know damn well that if i had the will power to lose the weight without surgery i know what i would prefer,. this is the end of the matter as far as im concerned i have made my point. and a lot of people in ipswich agree with what i have said its all people are talking about yes even the obese are talking about it .. well i just hope he decided to finally do something about his weight after all the time ,effort, and money, that has gone into his surgery.. well we will all be able to see what he went through as he is making a tv show about his weight loss journey.

phatmomma

Well after a gastric bypass he wont' be eating fish n chips for sure and definitely ten times a day...

Here's hoping the op goes well and he makes a swift recovery, i for one will try and look out for the programme when/if it gets aired. Should be an interesting insight into the mans mindset!

mandyl

yep i know he lost 20 stone.
5yrs ago i worked with racehorses i lost 4 stone on xenical . bullied out of the job and put it all back on plus alot more. then depression got worse hubby eventually left i got bigger and bigger. whos fault? mine. so i didnt desserve the op and all the care i got and im getting. he desserves a chance and im proud my surgeon is part of it. xx

phatmomma

Take a breath Mandy, chill girl lol.....

Spikeyjaycee

I was at St Richards yesyerday for my pre-op and the reeptionist at the loxwood centre didn't know he was there!!!! All the patients did tho!!!!

mandyl

i think its sposed to be hush hush she prob not allowed to say xx