• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bovril is my new best friend!

Jrichard

I have just discovered the joys of bovril. Not the stock cubes, the stuff in the jar.

It's very low in fat and sugar but contains protein and B vitamins, yeh!

I now add it to most savoury foods that I eat. It makes a beef stock that loosens the consistency, great for liquid and puree phase.

Best of all it tastes pretty good too!

Julie
:8855:

I'm with ya julie......BOVRIL ALL THE WAY!!!!!

Hubby bought me some for my liquid stage and i'm living on the stuff. Thanks for the tips on using it during the mushy stage, it'll come in handy.

WE LOVE BOVRIL!!!!!!WE LOVE BOVRIL!!!!!

Tesco's used to carry a chicken bovril too!

Oxo cubes over mashed potato were part of my staple diet during the puree stage, even now I prefer an oxo cube over chicken and veg to real gravy

I Love oxo Beef cubes, Bought them for the pre op and they have stayed with me ever since, just plain old oxo with hot water in a mug........mmmmmmm yummy

i tried using knorr cubes the last time on my milk diet but i found they contained a fair bit of oil when used as a drink

Last edited:
What about Vegemite?

That is what I have in my cupboard, a taste choice over Marmite.
Or has it really got to be Bovril?

I hadn't really thought, I just assumed I would used my vegemite for the for the salt bit when on the milk diet.

YEP you got it, the second paragraph sums it up beautifully. It is not so intense as marmite which is why I prefer it I guess.

That's what 25 years of watching Neighbours does to you...

I am sorry to say I still watch both. Probably not the best thing to admit to.:D

Just read the whole link so no B12 in Vegemite then. I had also forgotten Men at work mentioned vegemite in their 'land down under' record.

Back