• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass and anemia?

Yoyo-nomore

Hello all

Went on really lovely day trip today, but spent a lot of it having to lie down with vertigo. If I moved my head the whole world would spin around.

Have come home and looked up vertigo and fatigue on the internet, which seem to be my two main issues that have cropped up in the last month since bypass. Of course it could be entirely unrelated, but it looks like having both is a sign of anemia (iron deficiency).

Nurse did tell me I looked anaemic a few weeks ago, I've checked my inner lip and eye lids and both are distinctly washed out/pale - - so I'm guessing that's probably a reasonable self diagnosis at this point.

I am taking iron supplements so I'll have to go back to the dietician to talk this through. I can't have many more days where the world spins around.

Anyhows - very long winded way of saying I think I'm anemic and wondering if anyone else has had the same situation and what happened?

Thanks!
yoyo (keeping my head very still to read replies!)

xx

Hello

i have vertigo & know how awful it feels to have it,can effect me for short periods or as long as 10 days, for which i have tabs to take, but i do try to do without, no sharp or sudden movements of the head lessen the effects, but not all as i am sure your aware..... But i do not have it wth anemia.........

All the best - mejulie xx

hello all

went on really lovely day trip today, but spent a lot of it having to lie down with vertigo. If i moved my head the whole world would spin around.

Have come home and looked up vertigo and fatigue on the internet, which seem to be my two main issues that have cropped up in the last month since bypass. Of course it could be entirely unrelated, but it looks like having both is a sign of anemia (iron deficiency).

Nurse did tell me i looked anaemic a few weeks ago, i've checked my inner lip and eye lids and both are distinctly washed out/pale - - so i'm guessing that's probably a reasonable self diagnosis at this point.

I am taking iron supplements so i'll have to go back to the dietician to talk this through. I can't have many more days where the world spins around.

Anyhows - very long winded way of saying i think i'm anemic and wondering if anyone else has had the same situation and what happened?

Thanks!
Yoyo (keeping my head very still to read replies!)

xx

Doesn't sound very pleasant - hope your feeling a bit better. Yes i think it would be a good idea to see your doctor and get a blood test done to see how your iron levels are.

Hope you start to pick up soon - sending hugs with fairy dust to settle the spinning x

Hi YOYO
You could ask your Doctor to test you for Vitamin B12 Deficiency (anemia)
I have it and I have to get a jab at the Doctors every three months for life for it . The is a right few people has it . I was getting pins and needles in my hands and feet and was falling off to sleep all the time .
GOOD LUCK AND TAKE CARE .
MARGARET XX

Back