• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass booked for 14/01/09...nervous...HELP!

mermaid2708

new year...new me!x
hi, im new to the forum so i will introduce myself...

i am 36 and live on the dorset coast. i live with my 17 yr old son, dog and cat. i work nights as a support worker for adults who have severe learning difficulties and challenging behaviours. i have been struggling with my weight for what seems like my whole life...i have not weighed less than 13 stone since i was 13 yrs old. i have tried EVERYTHING...but now the time has come when i am taking the bull by the horns, so to speak, and going for the 'big' one. I started my optifast sachets on 19th december and am booked in fo a gastric bypass on 14th january...i am nervous but also ridiculously excited :).

i am looking for support and friendship from anyone who lives in my area, or has had a GP recently or is due to have one soon so we can offer support to each other and share our experiences.

thanks for taking the time to read this...
mermaid x :)

ps. if anyone can give me some technical help reguarding getting a ticker on my sig i would be greatful!!! thanx.

julieann

hi and welcome to minis, sorry i cant advise about the bypass as i had a gastric band fitted but im sure there will be someone along soon as there is plenty of support on here. xx

hopelesscase

Hi mermaid welcome to minis. Im 6 weeks post bypass and have no regrets at all. Are you going private or NHS? how much weight do you hope to loose. I too am a single parent and work with children with disabilities. Look forward to following your journey
HC

grom

Slim for 2009
Hi there and welcome
I have my bypass booked for 27th December and like you am very excited! It has all happened very quickly for me and so it still hasn't really sunk in yet!

thisisit

Wanting to say Hi also, It will soon come around,had a gastric Ballon fitted 3 wks ago as a 1/2 day patient lost 16 1bs to date, trying to focus on changing food habits , thoughts and my complex needs around food.
I beleive i will get there and work hard in 2009 to stay at a healthy weight.
Ava

Sambucca

hi mermaid, didnt want to read and run. Cant really offer advice as you are ahead of me. I have been referred by GP but not had funding or seen surgeon as yet.

Good luck

charliegirl

Hi Mermaid, welcome to minis. I had a bypass 6 weeks ago and have lost two stone already a third of my excess weight! You will not regret it chick....good luck and keep us posted .....xx

sassyp81

Six Month Post Op
Hi Mermaid
I am also awaiting bypass and do not have a date yet. Where are you having yours done? Im in Cornwall but have to go to Musgrove Park, Taunton.
I believe you have to have a certain number of posts before you can get a ticker, can't remember how many tho-maybe someone can confirm?
It's understandable you're nervous, Im so keen to get my date, just keep positive and look toward your goal-they say focusing on the result you want helps you get it!?!
Good luck-keep us all informed on how you go
Sxxxxxx

mermaid2708

new year...new me!x
hi mermaid, didnt want to read and run. Cant really offer advice as you are ahead of me. I have been referred by GP but not had funding or seen surgeon as yet.

Good luck

i would have had to wait between 3 and 7 years if i had gone through the nhs...i am going private but with the full support of my gp x :)

mermaid2708

new year...new me!x
Hi Mermaid
I am also awaiting bypass and do not have a date yet. Where are you having yours done? Im in Cornwall but have to go to Musgrove Park, Taunton.
I believe you have to have a certain number of posts before you can get a ticker, can't remember how many tho-maybe someone can confirm?
It's understandable you're nervous, Im so keen to get my date, just keep positive and look toward your goal-they say focusing on the result you want helps you get it!?!
Good luck-keep us all informed on how you go
Sxxxxxx

hi sassy, i am having it done at staplegrove taunton with southwest bariatric group...but will be having all my follow-up appointments in bournemouth as its easier for me to get to. x :)

candie

fabby not flabby :)
Hi mermaid
Im having a bypass on the NHS in April so will be watching your story carefully.Good luck hun;)