• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Caravaning in South Devon.

Mrs Quiggle

Can anyone help please. We're looking for somewhere lovely in South Devon to bring our touring caravan and awning for a couple of weeks in August. I've been looking and can't find anywhere that we fancy yet. We like very natural type places rather than clipped hedges and lawns. On site or over the road fishing facilities are good, good toilets and showers a must. NO club houses or onsite pubs/takeaways though a nice little country pub up the road is always good. Just somewhere where you can park around the place rather than in strict rows with only the next door caravan to look at and a little onsite shop is useful but not essential as we have a fridge in the van. It must also have electric hook up. Not asking much am I but if anyone does know of one that they have visited or is near them etc. I'd love to hear from you. By the sea would be nice but perfectly good inland too.

Thank you so much you helpful little bunch ;D

Love Kate x

Becky ( wannabeminime) is the one to ask , she lives down that way xx

My parents used to go to Andrew Shayes which I think you would like. It's a small working farm, small shop , phone box and a pool table ! My parents went a few times a year every year . It had a outdoor pool but not much else . So peacefull. I know the area quite well beer beach , seaton , oh the memories ! My daughter went on many holidays with my parents and last year took her daughter to beer beach to show her where her grandparents took her . My daughter was very close to my parents who have both passed away , but on her visit to the beach a dolphin came right onto the shoreline it even made the papers . I like to think that was my mum saying hello !

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

My parents used to go to Andrew Shayes which I think you would like. It's a small working farm, small shop , phone box and a pool table ! My parents went a few times a year every year . It had a outdoor pool but not much else . So peacefull. I know the area quite well beer beach , seaton , oh the memories ! My daughter went on many holidays with my parents and last year took her daughter to beer beach to show her where her grandparents took her . My daughter was very close to my parents who have both passed away , but on her visit to the beach a dolphin came right onto the shoreline it even made the papers . I like to think that was my mum saying hello !

Thats East Devon ;). Its a lovely part of the world along that coastline, the jurassic coast. Brill for fossil hunting.

Ooo be nice to have a caravaning meet up with members on a quite cc site one day.
We go to the 5 only cc sites they tend to be nice and quite with not many facilitys which does not bother us one bit as we are fully equiped and the dogs love it.

Well we are caravan hunting at the moment , if we ever find the right van you can count me in !

Back