• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Catastrophe *now averted!*

Bookie

I fell down the stairs leaving work yesterday. Sprained ankles, contusions and abrasions all over, but mainly busted one knee, can't put any weight on it. Likely to be sprain or torn ligaments.

Op in France is in 12 days! :(

Hubby is already making noises that we might not be able to travel, or that they won't operate if I'm in pain. I'm arguing that they're not operating on my knee and that they do give painkillers anyway and reminding him that I already have a knackered spine, so why should a knee bother them?

Nevertheless, he has got me worried... Any thoughts? I know I should call the clinic coordinator but I'm bottling out of doing that right now, I prefer to ask here first (stupid and irrational I know, but there you have it)

I'd be really upset right now if I wasn't high on Tramadol as I type this! :p

Aw Bookie,
You poor thing, You should get your knee checked out just incase you have dislocated anything or fractured it. They can still operate on you even if on crutches. I fell in the bath 2 weeks before gastric bypass, dislocated my knee which I put back in but did ring my GP in a flap and told them. The nurse said that it would not effect my operation. Like you said the nurse said the same. They are not operating on my legs this year so relax and do the pre op diet. I did use the splint I have at home. Which if you nip to a&e they will x ray and can bandage you up so you can rest your sprained and bruised bits and in nearly 2 weeks they should be a lot better. Plus you will be able to use crutches to protect your poorly knee and keep it weight off it and keep it elevated as much as possible. If its swollen cold and warm packs do help reduce swelling too. If using cold don't keep them on too long though Just 10-20 mins at a time tops!

Huge hugs and do do pls nip to a&e and get your knee x-rayed.

Kat
x

What a nightmare Bookie - hope you're ok!! Best to get it checked out :) xx

Definitely best to get it checked out, and as Kat said, it is likely it won't make any difference.

I know your fear, the pre op diet gave me a bad cold, chesty weirdness and I was petrified.

Good luck,

Leila x

Get it checked out then rest, rest and rest !! fingers crossed you start to heal quickly x

RICE Bookie, RICE!

Rest

Ice

Compression

Elevation

Hope it gets better soon xx

Been to A&E, as self diagnosed, sprain both ankles and stretched ligament in knee. So might be tricky to make it to France, but should still be no problems for op. Will contact clinic to make sure anyway.

Thanks for the support, I was so worried and you guys really helped putting my mind at rest!

Just to update, I e-mailed clinic co-ordinator, Tullia called me back within an hour as usual, bless her, completely reassured me that no, it wasn't going to make any difference and that if I was uncomfortable in the clinic, they'd just make sure they make me more comfortable and that was that.

*Phew*

I'm not usually that panicky, but this really threw me!

Thanks again to all.

PS: Could a mod please change my title to something less alarmist? :)

You can do this yourself - just go to your profile, statistics, and threads you've created. Double click in the box for this thread and you'll be able to change the title. Also if you want mods to do something, best thing to do is pm them as they often may not see a post.

Ah, ok, thanks. The forum I used to mod on, only us could change the title, and as it's the same format as this one, I just assumed it would be the same! :eek:

Glad to hear that all is ok :)

Justine x

Back