• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Changing Shape & Clothes POST OP

Since my surgery I ....

• am a shopoholic, clothes, clothes and more clothes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • i am cautious in buying clothes until I reach target

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • never seem to wear an outfit more than twice as stops fitting me

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • have said good bye to my fat former self and burnt all my old clothes

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

ryanrara

RyanRARA
Folks, where clothes swapping isn't available, here are some tips for coping with the changing sizes and cost of clothes:
1. The minute you have your op say good bye to Evans and Jacamo! Literally say good bye and never allow yourself to visit them again
2. Build up Tesco club points, because every few months Tesco does the double up voucher exchange, so say you have a £10 clubcard vouchers, you can exchange it and get twice the value in another department, like clothing.
3. Avoid at all costs, despite how tempting it can be, high street retail chains, trust me winter clothes you buy this year, should you be very early post op, will NOT fit next year, so go cheap - Azda, Primark, tesco. Let Matalan be your treat shops
4. Get braces , my backside has been displayed world over, not any more now that I have braces
5. Get a belt whole thingymabob, as you will need to make wholes in your belts
6. get rid of all your big clothes, here, elsewhere, but the sooner you say good bye the better, but always keep one or two items to remind you of your former self

Now You ad your tips .....:flirt2:

Folks, where clothes swapping isn't available, here are some tips for coping with the changing sizes and cost of clothes:
1. The minute you have your op say good bye to Evans and Jacamo! Literally say good bye and never allow yourself to visit them again
2. Build up Tesco club points, because every few months Tesco does the double up voucher exchange, so say you have a £10 clubcard vouchers, you can exchange it and get twice the value in another department, like clothing.
3. Avoid at all costs, despite how tempting it can be, high street retail chains, trust me winter clothes you buy this year, should you be very early post op, will NOT fit next year, so go cheap - Azda, Primark, tesco. Let Matalan be your treat shops
4. Get braces , my backside has been displayed world over, not any more now that I have braces
5. Get a belt whole thingymabob, as you will need to make wholes in your belts
6. get rid of all your big clothes, here, elsewhere, but the sooner you say good bye the better, but always keep one or two items to remind you of your former self
7. I raid my daughters wardrobe she has loads of different sizes that I can now get into, they all have tags on still, she has never worn them. It is great they cost me nothing and still more for me to slim down into. Long may it continue.

Now You ad your tips .....:flirt2:

That last one I added Ryanara

8. Charity shops are your friend -- do spend time trying things on in their changing rooms (yes, they do have them, every charity shop I have found has one) -- great way of finding what new size you are !!! "Oooh I'm a second hand M&S size 18, but a size 20 in 'pre-loved' Next stuff .... blah blah" :) :)

9. Learn how to sew. I have saved myself having to buy trousers every 2 months by taking 4 inches in, folding the waistband over itself, and stitching the edges up.

At the start of my journey, I took in my size 32 trousers down to an approximate size 28 ....... then when I reached size 24/26 I bought 7 x new pairs of size 24 trousers (from Evans -- so shoot me!).

Then by August 2012 the size 24's were falling off and so I then did the 4 inch stitching job again to take the 24's down to a 20 ....... and now that they are falling off, I have turned to charity shops in my quest for size 18's.

Back