• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Charity work-birmingham area

JO28172

Hi all
Just wondered if there's any influential midlands people out there that can help me with fixing some charity work up
Myself and a few colleagues were thinking of offering a Xmas gift wrap service where's customers can get their Xmas gifts wrapped for a small donation to our chosen charity. The bank then matches the funding pound for pound!
only issue we have is a suitable store...the bullring have refused our application...grrr! Anyone work at the likes of Argos, toys r us, etc who can influence? All in a good cause xx

TwinkleTwinkle

A Very Happy Bunny
Hi all
Just wondered if there's any influential midlands people out there that can help me with fixing some charity work up
Myself and a few colleagues were thinking of offering a Xmas gift wrap service where's customers can get their Xmas gifts wrapped for a small donation to our chosen charity. The bank then matches the funding pound for pound!
only issue we have is a suitable store...the bullring have refused our application...grrr! Anyone work at the likes of Argos, toys r us, etc who can influence? All in a good cause xx

Why does it have to be Birmingham, honey? How would you wrap pressies in Birmingham when you live in Chesterfield? I may be missing something but if you have to pay for travelling costs to Brum, you would be out of pocket before you start ... explain it to me in words of one syllables cost guess I am having a blonde moment, doh xx :)

Sambucca

There is already a charity gift wrapping service in the Pallasades in Birmingham, so you may not have much luck hun. I would also imagine that applications for this kind of thing would have to be made many months in advance.

You may be better off targeting a large workplace, say a factory or warehouse that is going to be mainly men and offering a wrapping service in their workplace. If they know in advance they bring their gifts into work with them.

Having said that, you may need insurance. If you dropped an expensive gift for example you would be liable for the damage.

JO28172

TwinkleTwinkle said:
Why does it have to be Birmingham, honey? How would you wrap pressies in Birmingham when you live in Chesterfield? I may be missing something but if you have to pay for travelling costs to Brum, you would be out of pocket before you start ... explain it to me in words of one syllables cost guess I am having a blonde moment, doh xx :)

Lol Denise. I don't work local and there's only 9 of us in the country that do my job so as a team, we are combining our next team meeting with Xmas party and a charity something whilst in birmingham (which is central to all) and ps I don't pay for fuel so can't moan!!! :) Xx

TwinkleTwinkle

A Very Happy Bunny
Lol Denise. I don't work local and there's only 9 of us in the country that do my job so as a team, we are combining our next team meeting with Xmas party and a charity something whilst in birmingham (which is central to all) and ps I don't pay for fuel so can't moan!!! :) Xx

I see, silly sausage :doh:... had visions of you zooming down the motorway, gift wrap on the back seat. :) I applaud you for wanting to do something to raise money for charity ... which bank do you work for? Good to hear nice things about a bank these days. Hope you manage to sort something out, sweetie xx :)

JO28172

You weren't to know Denise! I work for the blue eagle....today's conundrum for you :)

TwinkleTwinkle

A Very Happy Bunny
You weren't to know Denise! I work for the blue eagle....today's conundrum for you :)

Well it can't be HSBC (Midland as was) cos that's a Griffin, so is it Blue Eagle Consultancy?? Tell me or I'll give you an indian burn on Saturday :eek::eek: Can't be overtaxing me grey matter like this :) xx

JO28172

Nope you gotta guess...and who is blue eagle consultancy?! Lol ....its a high st bank..think of its logo...bring on the Indian burn :D xx

JO28172

Well done clever clogs :)

Minoots

if you apply early enough in the year you can ask tescos, asda etc to do bag packing.. I run a charity in Birmingham and this does bring in some good money. ~But as I said, yu have to apply early in the year as many charities ask.
Good luck

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
Well it can't be HSBC (Midland as was) cos that's a Griffin, so is it Blue Eagle Consultancy?? Tell me or I'll give you an indian burn on Saturday :eek::eek: Can't be overtaxing me grey matter like this :) xx
i thought it was a chinese burn? lol

Caren

Love my sleeve!!

JO28172

Minoots said:
if you apply early enough in the year you can ask tescos, asda etc to do bag packing.. I run a charity in Birmingham and this does bring in some good money. ~But as I said, yu have to apply early in the year as many charities ask.
Good luck

Thanks Hun, also written to a couple of supermarkets but sensing we've left it too late!!! x

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
Caren said:
i thought it was a chinese burn? lol

My grandmother always called it a Chinese burn as she put one on me :( lol!!!