• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Chest pain

ryanrara

RyanRARA
Hi all. I've been up all night with terrible pain. Not in my tummy, but in my chest. It feels like I've swollowed something and it's stuck. Which is impossible cos I've had nothing. After attending support group meeting all I had was tea before bed. It's a little better when I sit or stand up. It's that sore I nearly went to A & E. and although it feels like something stuck in my chest I am managing to drink and swallow okay, as keep sipping water. I've also had paracetomol to help ease pain. It's just very sore and as I lie, it throbs too. Also out of breath a bit. Anyone had this? Any idea's? Will see if eases through out morning if not will go to docs or A & E. help.
By the way I am 18 days post op open bypass.

Been reading up. Reckon it's trapped wind :-(

swirl those arms ryan, become a boy agaon and play helicopters lol hope u feel better soon mate xxx

Feeling better. Walked all day and little burps through out. Still a little sore but generally better :) happy days

Really glad you are feeling better, sweet, & hope you stay that way but chest pain should not be taken lightly, assuming it is wind. Better safe than sorry so always get it checked out. Take Care xxx :):)

Last edited:
Yes I agree. Better to get checked out with prolonged chest pains. Glad you are feeling better now. The best thing to relieve trapped wind quickly are Windeze tablets. They are chewable and you only need one :D

Been reading up. Reckon it's trapped wind :-(

Hi mate, I had trapped wind the day after my op and it was murder. The Physio had said what I could expect and Im glad she did otherwise I would have thought I was having a heart attack. Chin up. xx

Are you alright now Ryan?? If it happens again, go get it checked out. If it is trapped wind, try some windeze (if you can chew the Ad-Cal you'll manage them), BUT if it still hurts after windeze and exercise then DO take yourself off to A&E, or at very least ring NHS Direct xx

I have to agree with everyone else. If it happens again go to A&E. I had chest pains in the guise of indigestion and when I went to A&E I was having a heart attack. Had been to my GP a few days before and he said it was indigestion too and gave me antacids.

Still got the pains. They get better and then they get worse. Much worse when I lie down. Def reckon is trapped wind and although sore it is getting more manageable. Though if does get worse I will go to a and e. windeze helps, but only temporarily. I found walking helps the most. I will see what tomorrow brings

Ps: if by chance it is gallstones and not trapped wind, how quickly do gall stones form? As I am only 19 days post op and my surgeon said that there were no gall stones when she operated

Ryan ... please look after yourself!! Ringing NHS Direct is probably a very good idea ... they can usually suggest what you should do.

hi love its unlikely its gallstones ,if you were checked , but the wind sounds the most likely , im 3 weeks out and if just taken babies gripe water ,it was heaven,,,,stopped the wind straight away and its sugar free,,but please check it out as i had bad chest pain which i thought was wind but was phnumonia,cant spell lol x so dont take chances , better to be safe than sorry , good luck xxxxx

hi love its unlikely its gallstones ,if you were checked , but the wind sounds the most likely , im 3 weeks out and if just taken babies gripe water ,it was heaven,,,,stopped the wind straight away and its sugar free,,but please check it out as i had bad chest pain which i thought was wind but was phnumonia,cant spell lol x so dont take chances , better to be safe than sorry , good luck xxxxx
great to see u back Dawn :) x

Thanks all. Though happy to report I have been awake since 9 am and am totally pain free! Feel fantastic today! Really good :)

Thanks all. Though happy to report I have been awake since 9 am and am totally pain free! Feel fantastic today! Really good :)

That is good news! :)

Ryan,
Good to hear your feeling better :)

But I still stress to anyone with any concerning symptoms to call NHS Direct.

We are here 24 hours a day!
(Well I'm not as I do have a day off occasionally) ;)

0845 4647
Keep me in a job :D

Back