• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Christmas party outfits - anyone know any good websites for us larger ladies?

Red 42

novice bypasser
Hi All

well it's the time of year I usually dread... :xmascheers: Christmas party clothes shopping :sigh:

My employer is very generous and pays for all of his staff and their partners to a Christmas party night, usually at a very nice hotel, provides wine for the tables and usually a great time is had by all :party0036:

I want to wear something really glitzy and modern as it's my one real opportunity to glam up,and show my colleagues that I can look :wow: in something other than navy polyester :yuk: but I've browsed the usual websites such as Simply Be, Marisota, Evans, and have ended up dismissing everything - can anyone give me any other good sites for larger ladies?

cheers my dears xx

Hi Yvonne

I always seem to find something in either Next or good old Marks and Sparks. They both go beyond the usual high st size 16 too.

Hope you find something lovely! x

Red, think George! They go up to larger sizes, not that i think you are large going by your stats....

Alternatively, ebay always has nice things :)

Next go up to size 22 in shop and 28 online, M&S go upto size 22 and then have a smaller selection which goes to size 28 Evans and Ann Harvey go to a size 32, Matalan goes to size 28 Tesco and Asda also go to size 28 xx

I was gonna say Matalan and George at ASDA as well !
I think there's a lot more reasonable priced stuff for larger sizes now...we are the majority after all aren't we?

hello sweets, i hate this shopping to, next plus size go upto 28 i think so check out theres, there ve beautiful stuff in at the min, and dont forget your accessories!! they ve loads in, sometimes a plain black dress can look gorgeous with the right makeup, hair and accessories, go all out glam with gold say, little gold sparkly clutch bag with earrings and necklace and lovely glossy nails, you ll look a million dollars! xxx

george asda have just been on larraine haha and there party dress's are 20 quid! tho you do run the risk of someone else having the same dress i reckon, but if you dont mind id check out there s x

Red, think George! They go up to larger sizes, not that i think you are large going by your stats....

Alternatively, ebay always has nice things :)

thanks Julie, I'm deceiving as in I don't look my weight and I carry it mainly around my middle :rolleyes: I've got my eye on a dress/long tunic on ebay...just need the confidence to go for it :eek:

Reactions: Bev
hello sweets, i hate this shopping to, next plus size go upto 28 i think so check out theres, there ve beautiful stuff in at the min, and dont forget your accessories!! they ve loads in, sometimes a plain black dress can look gorgeous with the right makeup, hair and accessories, go all out glam with gold say, little gold sparkly clutch bag with earrings and necklace and lovely glossy nails, you ll look a million dollars! xxx

thanks Cherry...I keep getting drawn back to Black, but did that last year. I think the problem is, half of the folks that go to the night out go really glam, and some look like they're just out for a casual meal...I want to glam up but not look ott :eek: I love bias cut clothes, they're so flattering...like looking for a needle in a haystack though!

thanks for the suggestions ladies...shall keep browsing a little while longer, I have about 3-4 weeks yet.

fashion world site is quite good for something sparkly , depends what you want to spend , i also like igigi but thats a bit pricey .

I've ordered from Curvety.com before (got my wedding dress from there for £90).

They do lots of party frocks for larger ladies (and not so large too - my sisters only a 16 and she bought a gorgeous dress for a charity ball the other month).

Yoursclothing.co.uk also do larger sizes up to 32 I think. They charge for returns though. but they do have some fashionable stuff.

New Look - some branches have larger sizes. The one in Hartlepool has a few racks upstairs.

Simplybe.co.uk is a great online shopping site which does really lovey fashionable, glitzy party dresses in flattering styles/colours, and their prices aren't too bad at all. They also do sparkly sandals, accessories and pretty shrugs etc to finish off the look. I suppose one advantage of them over eBay is you can buy more than one size of the same item & try them in the comfort of your own home and you can send anything back you don't like. Plus I think you get 30 days to pay? May be worth a look.

Hi Red 42,
I would just like to say i have two party dresses you can have if you would like them. I bought them from Simply B catalouge for a criuse i went on in Aug. They are both black size 26 very smart. They are now too big for me i was going to give them to a charity shop. I live in Jarrow and could meet u in Durham or post them to u .I have put my e - mail address here for u if u would like to get in touch.
[email protected]
Best wishes Lel

Back