• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

confusion over bread

My friend has had the gastric band and cannot eat any bread wot so ever

some banders can manage a small amount of toast depending on there level of restriction at the time, it causes to much pain for me so i completley gave it up.

I can cope with a slice of seeded wholegrain toasted bread but I only have a slice once or twice a week at the very most, some weeks not at all. Just depends on how tight me band feels.

Untoasted bread is now a total no-no.

Hi - I dont think the bread thing is just restricted to banders, i'm a bypasser and until very recently i had to avoid bread.
Bread swells up inside the pouch really quickly and feels really uncomfortable, toasted bread doesn't tend to swell as much, therefore thats why others seem to manage toasted much better.

Breads a difficult thing to live without at first, its supprising how much of our diet revolves around bread or bread products.

I've only just started eating bread again now, though i must stress i'll only manage a single slice of wholemeal and only on special occassions, like a sunday breakfast etc !

I did wonder before this surgery how I might live without it...now 7 months on I rarely think about it...

i was a major bread eater sandwiches, bread with a main meal, pizza, pitta bread any thing i ate it if was bread now its not even in my diet sheet and i agree with caz i dont even miss it, when i gave bread up completley the weight just fell off me, best thing i ever gave up.

liz x

I am on day 13 of post op liquid diet and made my daughter marmite on toast this morning with loads of butter, I was droooooling!!!!

Back