• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cool product alert and a funny anecdote

phatgirl

For all you people out there who buy or are thinking about buying protein powder to make shakes, I wanted to tell you about a product I use that is fab (no I don't get anything for telling you about it, in fact I bought in America and didn't know you could even buy it here until today).

Blender Bottle,sports drinks,salad dressing,batter,panackes,waffles

It is called a blender bottle, it is a plastic bottle with a small metal ball that acts like a whisk to combine liquids and powder. I have used it to make pancake batter, custards that don't need to be cooked and of course, protein shakes.

My current favourite recipe is as follows:

I pour cold coffee (I use however much my hubby has left in the pot after he has left for work, could be a whole cup or maybe a half cup) in to the blender bottle, pour in cold milk to about the halfway point, add 1-2tsps of Options hot choc mix, 1 scoop of protein powder (High Protein PROMAX, caffe latte flavour), 1tsp of splenda and a dash of vanilla extract. Shake it several times and stick in the fridge. It tastes better cold.

I love my blender bottle because you can shake it between sips so you NEVER find a lump or seperation. Now for the funny anecdote.

:hitthefan::hitthefan::hitthefan:

I was sitting here, sifting through minimins. I took a sip and put my shake down, I DID NOT firmly close the top like I usually do. I finish a post and reach for the shake. I decide to shake it before I take a sip. I end up with protein shake all over my laptop, my clothes, my hair and yes, in my ear!!! I mean wanting to get enough protein is great but via the ear, not the best choice. I smell like a coffee milkshake and need to go shower now.

Get one of these bottles, they rock. Just make sure to snap the lid shut before shaking, okay???

Nic:D:D:D:D

Well Nic - it's better than falling over in mud or something else just as filthy!!!

Sounds a good product will look out for it - is it on sale on the internet or in a health shop?

Keep up the good work nic - i'm glad things like that happen to others and not just me lol

Sounds a good product will look out for it - is it on sale on the internet or in a health shop?

I bought mine in an American health shop but the online link I gave is where I know for sure you can get it here. You might see it in a health shop here but not positive.

Nic:p

:giggle:

OOh. I have lots of the ones with plastic cages, most of them leak :( Does this one leak at all from the lid/beaker seal?

Hi Nic can I come live with you cause you are so inventive with food and drinks

And sorry but :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle: thinking of you with milky drink dripping from your ears lol

No teen you can't sorry. I have first dibs on that front! Nic thinks I've been very kind giving her books/protein shakes/clothes that I don't like, but in reality I'm just moving in very slowly :D

OOh. I have lots of the ones with plastic cages, most of them leak :( Does this one leak at all from the lid/beaker seal?

Absolutely no leaking as long as you close it! Mr. PG has kidnapped my shaker for taking drinks to work because it doesn't leak in his bag. After I spent the better part of the day ripping apart my tiny apartment looking for it, let's just say he won't be sneaking off with it again!

Nic:)

Hi Nic can I come live with you cause you are so inventive with food and drinks

And sorry but :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle: thinking of you with milky drink dripping from your ears lol

Thanks Teen, you would probably find me mad to live with because I am always trying out some new crazy concoction! As for the mess today even I thought it was funny and I have been so crabby today! I mean how does one little shake end up everywhere??? Even the cat wasn't spared the incredible-exploding-shake!!! She has a new spikey hairdo! and smells a bit like coffee & milk...not sure I can handle a cat bath today, lol
:kitty::kitty::kitty::0bathtime::0bathtime::0bathtime::kitty::kitty::kitty:

Hi Nic and others who have tried the promax...is this the one that is sold in tescos...for a huge vat of it its approx £50? Does anyone know as I googled it and Im 99% sure this is the one from tescos?

Thanks

Sally x

No teen you can't sorry. I have first dibs on that front! Nic thinks I've been very kind giving her books/protein shakes/clothes that I don't like, but in reality I'm just moving in very slowly :D

Ahh, I see, I did wonder, lol! Hun, you just go ahead and move in, I would love the company and I play a good mother hen! But like I so said to Teen, I am a mad woman much of the time!!

Hehehehehehe,
Nic:p:p:p:p

I've got some promax, it's MUCH cheaper online. There is a link in the protein shakes thread somewhere.

Hi im 9 month post bypass and i,ve not took any extra protein other than what i eat should i be havin protein shakes x x x sarah x

Hi im 9 month post bypass and i,ve not took any extra protein other than what i eat should i be havin protein shakes x x x sarah x

Hi Sarah, I guess that is really a personal question. Directly pos-op it is pretty impossible to get the recommended protein (usually about 80g/day) in when you eat so little. I started protein supplements the day I came home from the hospital. In theory I *could* get close to 80g with food alone if I tried real hard. However, I still add protein supplements just to make sure I meet my target of 80g. I also believe that a high protein diet makes the weight come off faster and in a more healthy way since you don't lose muscle mass while you drop weight. I have made protein supplements a part of my life and don't plan to stop anytime soon.

You just need to take a look at your protein levels daily and evaluate if protein supplements would benefit you for overall nutrition. My guess is that you may agree that it is a good thing, or you may see that you are doing fine with your food and don't want the added supplements.

Way to go with your weight loss so far, you have done fantastic!!! Shout if I can help you in any way.

Nic;)

thank you im going took in to it as i eat a lot of protein rich foods but i dont think i get my 80g a day where is best to buy the protein shakes x x thanks again sarah x

Back