• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

couple of q's

funky24

heyy all coupla questions for you....

On the milk diet im allowed 2 pints of other fluid ie tea etc, but it doesnt say if i use the milk from my allowance for them?

and also allowed 1 bovril drink is that a cup / bowl etc?

sorry just trying to get every thing sorted in me head lol

pre op assessment on wednesday at chichester what can i expect?!! x x

please thankyou :) hehe x

Yes, use milk from your allowance. Cup/mug of bovril. I see you are having Guy Slater, he did my bypass. Lovely bloke. At my pre-op I had a chat with the nurse, went through all the forms, saw the dietician, had blood tests. You may also see the anaesthetist. But don't worry, everyone is lovely.

I bought a fantastic book all about the experience by Neil Bakewell called everything to lose. He has had bypass and it has loads of info in it. I found it enlightening

thankyou cath, ok il use the milk from my 4 pints if i want tea :) Yes guy slater is doing my bypass, he seems very lovely i met him in august! ahh ok i was just wondering what sort of things to expect wednesday! exciting x

thanks for the tip on the book, il look it up :) x

Cath already said it all but as you know I had Guy Slater too. Outstanding surgeon and everyone else is great too. I met two of the anaesthetist both very nice, one of them them very funny, the other quiet and calm, bit like Mr Slater. The dietician will run through pre op with you and make sure you know what you are doing for the first stages post op and a nurse will go through everything that is going to happen. Then yeah it's just blood tests and a mrsa test which is just a swab and your should be done. When it comes down to op time the ward is fantastic and nurses too, especially Petra if you are lucky enough to have her, so try not get too nervous as you really are in the very bests hands. So excited for you :) x

shelleymarie thanks for that hun, yeah i met a anaethetist last time, quite a comical man, see him on the tele, (i told him) hehe :) Just a basic run through of everything then?! Is a swab in your mouth? lol sorry if i sound thick! :/ Im soooo excited but think the nerves are kicking in a little bit more now lol ! roll on wednesday :) xx

Yeah that's the guy, He was my hero when I got into theatre as I was so nervous and he just made me laugh and completely relax. Just what you need at the time. If I remember right, the swab is from you nose, over in a second, the nurse does it. So yeah it's a complete run through and they will give you some leaflets to read, mainly about diet pre and post op. You will feel nerves as it's natural but the staff will all put you at ease. Wednesday will help with that too :) x

Hi

Yep you are in good hands with Guy, Mike and the rest of the team at St Richards.

It will soon be over and you will be wondering what all the fuss was other. Just make sure you do eat everything you are told to eat post surgery to stop any complications cropping up afterwards.

All the best

Paul

thanks shelleymarie great help :)

thanks for the reply paul, oh i plan to do everything by the book so to speak, stick to the rules! :)

thanks hun il be sure to post my feelings after wednesdays appointment haha Xx

Back