• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day 4 of pre-op diet - some Q's for u x And a moan!

FEDup1981

I WILL look like this!!
Yeah its day 4 of 10 of the milk and yog diet, and today ive only lost 0.5lb since yesterday. 10lb in total.
Is it normal to have a big weight loss at the start and then hardly anything from there on?

And im having real trouble sleeping. (despite taking sleeping tablets) im just tossing and turning til 3-4am, and at night its when i feel REALLY hungry. Is that normal?

Im exhausted - have my 3yr old son to look after - and im feeling very sorry for myself! :cry: :cry: :cry:

hugs...

10lb loss in 4 days is awesome so please dont be disappointed. If you had stood on the scales this morning for the first time since you started the diet you would be delighted. Weighing every day is not good for your morale.

Also hun, you are bound to be tired, but I understand that your energy levels will improve after a few days.

Yeah Sam Is right, 10lb is a fantastic achievement, you will be tired but You can do this, I know its soooo hard NOT to get on those scale everyday, because I tell myself Everyday not to do it, but I do, and I know I shouldn't because somedays its dissapointing, But you can do this and we are all here for ya. ((HUGS)) x

hugs...

10lb loss in 4 days is awesome so please dont be disappointed. If you had stood on the scales this morning for the first time since you started the diet you would be delighted. Weighing every day is not good for your morale.

Also hun, you are bound to be tired, but I understand that your energy levels will improve after a few days.

I hadnt thought of it like that. I know i shouldnt weigh myself. Its just so hard, you want confirmation that this torture is worth it.

Thanks hun. x

Thanks FGS, im just feeling so tired and sorry for myself. Ill try to keep off them scales!! xx

I can truly sympathize with the way you feel as i am there too. I keep dreading that I will get a cold due to lack of food and then I wont be able to have the op. went out with my girlfriends last night and had a yoghurt while they had a BIG dinner and, as if that wasnt bad enough, no-one was very supportive of my decision either. Wished I'd stayed at home and been miserable on my own!!
I have my pre-op assessment today so I really feel its happening now and that's keeping my motivation up.
keep with it and hang on to the dream
best wishes
JO XX

It`s worth every bit of hunger,frustration etc.. Had my op late Nov, and was a size 20/22 jeans, this morning slipped into my size 12`s , that are now getting a bit loose,hell yeah it`s hard, but worth every second !!! Good luck hun x p.s 10 lbs in 4 days is amazing !xxx

well done on that loss thats fab!! i can totally understand how you are feeling as i am due to start on the pre-op diet a week today (not looking forward to it) but am spending this week trying to loose the 5lbs i have put on since my first appointment (praying they dont take me off the list as i have gained since put on list)

dont blame you for feeling sorry for yourself today! looking after a 3 year old is hard enough especially when you have to do it on a hungry stomach and have the temptations of the kids food right there!

just look at the weight loss you have already achieved and that should spur you on!!

x

if it any help when i did my preop i used my bowl of sugar free jelly just befor bedtime as i felt full when i went to sleep nothing worse than going to bed hungry

Agree with Sam 10lbs is great and STOP weighing yourself....I never owned a set of scales and used my local Morrisons chemist ones as it gave a print out....have recently invested in a set of scales but still dont have the urge to jump on them all the time...I remember when I hated what they said so think it was good aversion therapy for me lol...your doing great dont beat yourself up over it and look at it as ten pounds gone for good...xx

stay off the scales - your weight fluctuates daily due to loads of things. You weigh more in the evening than the morning. 10 lbs is fantastic and its weight thats gone for good. I dont get this dreadful diet though.
Wish someone would explain it. Im also on a pre op diet (surgery on 16 April) and Im on a strict 1000 calories a day but I can eat - breakfast - slice of toast with low cal spread + a banana and a yogurt. Lunch - large side salad with 2 tble spoons of low cal mayo or salad dressing and 200gms chicken. Tonight - 6 tblespoons of pasta + 4 tblespoons of bolognaise sauce + 1 tblespoon grated cheese. Also get 2 fruit snacks to be eaten any time.

Could go on and on but its boring. We are nearly there now - counting the days!

Sorry to hear you are so tired but I think it comes with the milk diet, it should improve though. 10 lbs is a wonderful loss so don't torture yourself with weighing too much. By the way every pound counts including .5lb because it will never come back!

Just keep up the good work & your surgery will be here in a blink. I remember moaning about my pre-op and thinking that it would never end but it does & soon you'll be like me sitting here over 5 months later and well on my way to my goal.

Nic;););)

keep up hard work i am so glad others find it hard makes me tearful between 5 and 7 at night and very short with others i find a good soak in the bath helps i also can not be near food.We will get there in the end so reach for the end result.

Thank you everyone for ur kind words. I know most of you have been here, and the rest are soon to follow. Sorry if i seem to moan all the time. I knew id be like this.

Serenity - i cant have sugar free jelly. Just the 2 yogurts and 3 pints of milk :-(
I may have to see if i can hold off my 2nd yogurt til bed time, see if that helps, just drink milk all day.

good luck to all ...I start my pre op diet on 15th April

I have spoke to the dietician today she has given me a pre-opp diet of 1000 cal and this is to be made up of slim fast
4 slim fasts per day either soups or shakes tea, coffee {i dont drink either} so fruit tea.

I was getting a little worried as everyone hates the pre-op diet but I seem happy with mine on paper....perhaps when I start it will be bloody awful......

my 40th is on 20th April 2009 so we will need to bring the celebrations forward...shame!!!

I will be in York Hospital.....

mines an open surgery ..while they are in there doing the bypass they are taking out the gall bladder and stones that have been giving me bad pains and sorting out my hernia.....so lots of rummaging about...like a day at the next sales!!!!

Reading about you all has been a fantastic support thankyou

Juni:p

Juni your pre-op diet sounds exactly like mine and i did it for 12 days...to be totally honest the first 3-4 days were the worst but then it got easier...i really didnt think I would manage it but I did and its worth it in the end....im now 3 days post op and basically back on it but now I just cant face the thought of food so thats a bit different. You will do it and if you want just PM me and I will do what I can to offer support.....Take care and GOOD LUCK XXX

Hi

Hi everyone....sorry to butt in but new to this site and I start my pre-op diet tomorrow. Looking for advice and friends and a general chit-chat. :)

Back