• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dry mouth n always thirsty

soni.03

Hello everyone, as some of u may no i am 11 dYs post bypass and i no we have to sip n tke our tine to drink, my mouth gets reli dry n j feel thursty even dou im sippin, will dre ever b a point i can drink normali hw i use to, i dnt mean gulp the hole deink down buh tke 2 3 sips at once?

I can drink fairly normally. But go slow as I don't want to get full. I have been told about 1.5 litres at this stage. Are you managing that?

Yes give it a few wks, I can drink normally now have been able to for a while x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using WLSurgery

I'm just over 2 months post op and still have to take it slow. It is getting better though. My problem is, I can't seem to find anything I WANT to drink...water, tea, coffee, sugar free squash, smoothies...you name it, it all makes me nauseous. Hang in there, you will be able to take normal drinks soon...

I was having dry mouth and bad breath and went to the doctor who gave me something - are you having bad breath as well?

i was the same for a while after surgery... but dont worry hun as the weeks go on you will find that you can drink more and more... i can easily drink 2 and half litres now... mostly tea. but i also drink nas squash and options hot chocolate. its just a bit of patients but you will get there.. and you will be able to drink normally again xx

Back