• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eating to Maintain - Daily menus

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Trying to maintain my weight is extremely hard, so I wanted to start keeping a record again of my daily menus. I was using the regular thread, but I don't want people who are new here and pre-op to think what I am eating now is normal for post op losing.

So here goes -

Today

B - Crunchy nut clusters and semi skimmed milk
Snacks - 3-4 mini sugared doughnuts
L - Couple of bites of all day breakfast quiche (slimming world recipe, no pastry, sausagemeat, bacon, onions, egg, cottage cheese), 3 mini chicken satay sticks, salt and vinegar quavers
Snacks - 2 mini sugared doughnuts, 2 mini caramel shortcake bites, cheese quavers, mr men raspberry ice lolly
D - baked potato with full fat cheese
Snacks - More mini caramel shortcake bites, dairylea dunker, cherries, crunchy nut cereal bar, 1/2 a scotch egg.

Last edited:
Hi Shell,

I was interested to know how you were managing with your eating while pregnant. I had been noticing you were still losing.

I'm sure dr's are keeping an eye on you and you are getting good advice.

I watched Fat Doctor on the Discovery Channel and a woman lost a stone while pregnant.

I'm already 15lbs down and its only 3 months in lol. At this rate I won't exist come 9 months. So in summary I'm not managing at all.

Don't forget you are feeding 2 now! That is a big amount of calories that you have to consume. Try having more protein snacks like sliced cold cuts or nuts. Also, take a deep breath, you are doing everything you can to support you and baby. Baby is getting everything it needs so it is okay when you drop a few pounds. My doc says that everyday starving women around the world give birth to healthy babies, so stop fretting. Just make sure to take your vits, get plenty of rest and eat as often as you possibly can.

Hugs,
Nic:D

All the medicals say that at this stage I only need an extra 200 calories during pregnancy, which isn't all that much. Normally I would be having a protein shake in the day as well but with my throat being yack I can't have anything milky so been off them for a few days.

I know that baby will be fine, but I am starting to worry about me now. Starving women may give birth to healthy babies, but the women are hardly fit and well afterwards! I'm facing a high risk of serious illness straight after birth already, if I'm not at my best physically to deal with that it could end up very very bad.

Todays eating -

B - special k mint bliss cereal bar
Snacks - 5/6 mikado sticks
L - 2 chicken mini breast fillets (kfc) with gravy
Snacks - 3 mini caramel shortcakes, met-rx rtd protein shake, 1/2 chicken mini breast fillet, 1/2 glass milk
D - 2 chicken mini breast fillets
Snacks - bowl of coco pops, quavers

Last edited:
Todays menu - (on seminar today so snacking ability limited)

B - coco pops (current craving)
Snacks - couple of biscuits
L - 1 x 1/4 chicken sandwich, 1 x 1/4 tuna sandwich, 1 x 1/4 cheese sandwich, handful of proper fried chunky chips :eek: :D
Snacks - coupld of biscuits, 1/2 a mini chicken fillet, packet frazzles
D -
Snacks

OMG the chips were good. I've not been able to eat chippy chips since the op as they hurt my tummy, but I thought I would try these pub chips today and they were yummy. Can't believe I ate 3/4 sandwich and chips! Over a long period lol.

Off out at a meeting tonight so will catch up later.

Todays menu - (on seminar today so snacking ability limited)

B - coco pops (current craving)
Snacks - couple of biscuits
L - 1 x 1/4 chicken sandwich, 1 x 1/4 tuna sandwich, 1 x 1/4 cheese sandwich, handful of proper fried chunky chips :eek: :D
Snacks - coupld of biscuits, 1/2 a mini chicken fillet, packet frazzles
D -
Snacks

OMG the chips were good. I've not been able to eat chippy chips since the op as they hurt my tummy, but I thought I would try these pub chips today and they were yummy. Can't believe I ate 3/4 sandwich and chips! Over a long period lol.

Off out at a meeting tonight so will catch up later.

Now's the time to give into the cravings :). When I was pregnant my craving was Icelands fruit flavoured ice lolly. I've always hated them so it was a shock. Didn't last long, and I've gone back to hating them.

Back