• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eek Fashion Alert!

Big an Bouncy

We have been invited to a family do,Georges nephew is getting married in Turkey in May,we were invited but I didnt know how I would be wls wise,or if I would of even had it!Anyhoo they are having a party for those that couldnt go.Its the 29th May,11 weeks!I dont know what to do,buy something now and hope it fits or leave till the week or so before and hit the shops.Also what to wear?It was always black pants and a loose tunic top!Im veering toward a long sleeved, wrap type dress,calf length.Plain and unfussy with just a fab pair of shoes and clutch bag?Perhaps sparkly earrings? Heeeeeeeeeeellllllllllpppppppppppp

I would wait till a week or 2 before the date as you dont know what size you are going to be and the smaller you get the braver you will be and will choose something more flattering to your new shape.

I would deffinately wait till the week before....there will be much more in the shops by then too and the weather might be a lot nicer. I think a dress would be lovely, especially if youve not been able to wear on for ages :D Then some killer heels and bling jewellery .......jobs a good un ;) XX

Yep - wait definitely. It's ages away in WLS terms and you've no idea what size or shape you'll be by then ! The anticipation will be great too :D

Wow Maz... that sounds lush... I'd be shopping a few days before your event... we are changing by the day... haha... I'm thinking of that film 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' and people were cloned... what would they do with us now???

Hahaha... Enjoy the planning and the party xxx

in the meantime, you could start looking at all the nice dresses that are around, it should be fairly warmish then, so u could have something really nice and almost summery. enjoy looking, hugs xxx

Yep, definitely wait! You have NO IDEA what weight/size you're going to be by then....or what will suit you either. Buy something the week before...and HAVE FUN finding it!

Grace xxx

Defo wait!! I'll be in Turkey then as well! Think the temperatures will be pretty high by then so a lovely floaty dress would look fab! xxx

Definitely wait, and then I would recommend using a personal shopper service as you will need to learn how to dress your changing body shape as you go. I know Cheshire oaks have the service, and most of the big department stores do to. If the clothes in the store are too expensive you can then look fir a similar choice elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I agree with the others. I was a size 28/30 pre-op and was/am now 18/20 4 months down the line and my clothes are baggier again.

This sounds like a really great opportunity :)

We went to the States for the summer 12 weeks after my op last year and I was fit and well enough for all the travelling. (Just don't forget to think ahead about travel insurance and mention your surgery, just to be safe)

I agree with everyone else about waiting to buy something. My body changed so quickly and so did my dress tastes as more options became open to me. It's really exciting.

Great to be thinking of a whole new look so early Max... but far too early.. God only knows what size you will be by then so hang tight and enjoy last minute shopping in a choice of stores nearer the time .... ita ages away.. xxx

Back