• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

exercise/soft food

hesh

hys just wondering when people started exersizing and how long were they on the soft food bit 4? x

Hi Hesh.... excercise for me is walking.. i cant afford togo to the gym... so i walk... every few days..well not at the mo cos we have snow!! lol... me and a friend go for a long walk...and you can start that anytime xx... i started walking more though once i got on to soft foods at week 6, as i had more energy then x
I was on liquids for 10days... the pureed until week 6, im on soft foods now.. im week 10, so on soft foods until week 12..then normal diet. xx

My sister lost 5 stone just doing work out DVDs and walking,to be honest she still ate the odd bit naughty food and it dropped of her. I've been getting some fitness DVDs off eBay for like 2 pounds etc xx

Ive got a few dvds but not even looked at them lol... yurve not long had your op... so take it easy at first... if you feel you need to exercise then just do little bit at a time for now. i would suggest ringing your medical team/hospital/consultant and asking them when they suggest you starting xx

Hiya I see ur under Sunderland, I did the soft food stage for a wk then slowly started introducing more food by 7/8 wks post op the only food I had trouble with was bread I am 12 post op 2morrow n still struggle with it, I can sometimes manage 1 slice toasted and without crusts but bread/pizza are a no no still. How are you doing u managing ok? xx

Just do abit walking its gentle and they tell you to walk to keep all your blood flowing to your legs etc just walk around the block, I know lots of people that have just maybe started walking to the gym or work and have lost weight. Your not stretching your stomach by walking like as if you were jumping about doing a DVD, I was told to keep my stocking on for six weeks and to walk about as much as possible. I've ditched the stocking but I just walk around the block then ill slowly build it up. X

yeah im at week 6 now and im magain fine with my food never had any problems yet, i really wanna get bk to the gym il hv to ring my nurse to see if its ok, i hvnt been on a liquid diet at all 2day post op they had me on weetbix in the hospital i suppose everwheres different x

Back