• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feeling so tired

corrine82

:nightf: Hi all i am 6 weeks post op today and i feel so tired i am struggling getting out of bed ! I have taken all my vits but still struggling with food can only manage mash potato with cheese or quavers anything else makes me sick !My bones really hurt and my foot keeps locking up when i walk i am at the hospital in 9 days i just really want to feel back to normal has anyone else had this i have dropped 31 pound since surgery but i feel it is not coming off fast enough sorry to have a winge

Corrine x

charliegirl

Hi corrine, I was told that you could feel like this a few weeks down the line, I think its understandable when you have had surgery and its not the surgery itself more like the reaction to your body, its like the hair loss its your body's way of saying hey I dont need hair I need to sort this out first.....you could also be coming down with a bug, I notice there seems to be a sickness bug going around. If in doubt speak to your GP.....big hug to help you feel better is on its way....xx

mandy-1975

Hi Corrina

Sorry to hear things aren't going to well, I am always tiured, never seem to get enough sleep, the reason why you may feel it isn't coming off quick enough is if your not eating enough you won't loose..... I had alot of problems with sickness but I am overcoming them, it is hard, but I too don't eat half as much as I am supposed to... my weightloss did slow right down... but i do notice if i push myself then it does move....

Keep in their, you can always pm me if you need too

Nic318

Post-op Gastric Bypass
Hi Corinna

I get really tired too, I seem fine then all of a sudden I go from feeling tired to totally exhausted. Was told by the nurse last week that it takes our bodies 12 months to recover from major surgery and with the lack of food etc it is just trying to adjust. Your body is saying "what the hell are you doing to me". As for the eating it will get better I promise, hang in there you are doing fine xxx

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Nothing further to add on the tiredness, but wanted to say 31lbs in 6 weeks is great! That's an average of 5lbs per week, which is very fast weight loss.

sexyfairy

Fantastic weight loss in six weeks... i feel the same i have days where i just have to rest... things will get better and we are all here to help you through....

tink xx

ditzyangeluk

I asked my Surgeon about being so tired (I was sleeping 12 hours a day - something I have never done!) He said it was quite normal & could go on for months du to the healing going on INSIDE that you don't think about!

Don't worry about, it will pass. Just rest when you can & make the most of it! ;)