• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Final countdown to tummy tuck

Snail

Hi all,

I've posted on here before but not for a while.

For those of you that remember i booked to have a tummy tuck a while back, well...

The time has come, i am going in for my full tummy tuck with muscle repair and liposuction to the love handles on Wednesday. I cant believe its finally here, i feel like ive been waiting forever yet its come round really quick.

I just thought i'd update you all.

Snail. x

Russiandoll

Carpe diem
Wow - good luck snail!!

I'm going to need some major nips and tucks when this is all over so I'll be watching your progress with interest!

Wishing you all the best ..... :)

Snail

Thank girls, i still doesnt seem real. All the test were fine, i am MRSA free and dont have a latex allergy lol.

I've got nearly everything sorted, ive bought:

new nighties
new dressing gown
new slippers
big knickers (so they dont annoy the wound)
toilettries

I just need:

magazines
baby wipes
tissues
bottle flavoured water

I'm sure i'll think of some other things but i'm sure i'll have everything i need!

Eek!

PrincessBex

Good luck snail!!

Where are you having it done?? How long do you have to stay at the clinic? Have you got someone to help you with things afterwards?

You'll be fine, I had my boobs done, and I found it wasnt half as bad as I thought it might be.

Let us know how you get on hun,

Snail

thanks again guys.

bex - i'm having it done at the Transform Clinic in Manchester. i go in on the wednesday morning, have the op on the wednesday and i'll be home for friday afternoon i think. they do tummy tucks as day case surgery in america can you believe that! i live with my mum, dad and brother aswell and will have someone with me until the following tuesday and if i need someone my nan can come and sit in with me which is good. i'm expecting pain but hopefully not excruciating lol.

PrincessBex

Nope it wont be exrutiating hun dont worry.

When i had my boobs done in Tunisia there was a woman there who had lipo from her boobs to her knees and a (free!) tummy tuck on top. And she seemed fine. She waddled a bit, but was sunbathing by the pool everyday with rest of us. She also had filler put into her lips when she was there, and she said that hurt more than the surgery!!

Its good you have people to help you. For the first few days I couldnt get the area wet, so my boyfriend who was there with me washed my hair for me over the bath. Its little things like that that its just helpful to have a helping hand in.

Dont worry hun, you will be fine!!

Snail

thanks bex, i'll let you know how i get on! x

Summerskye

Cambridge Diet Counsellor
Good luck with your procedure Snail :)

bettyboo

Snail

The very best of luck.........I will be very interested to hear how you get on because I know that I will be a candidate myself in 9 stones time !! :)

Will say a prayer it goes well and you are back flying around in no time. Have you been taking Arnica its a homeopathic preop and post op remedy for bruising. I took it before both my c-sections and it made a big difference to my recovery.

Good luck.

x

Bettyboo

Angiexx

Good luck to you, i am thinking of having it done as well i also want my bingo wings to be done as well, hope it goes ok for you x

Snail

cheers!

thanks for all your good luck wishes!

its getting loser now, have finished my essay for uni to be handed in tomorrow so i can now start preparing for wednesday! eek!

betty- yep started taking the arnica today. x

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Snail,

Good luck with your exams and all the best for Wednesday.

Thinking of you.

Be sure to keep us updated!

Love Mini xxx

AmandaJayne

I'll be thinking about you ...

... on Wednesday too. I would love to be brave enough to go ahead with an op, but I'm a big baby about hospitals. I haven't got to goal yet so I suppose it depends how 'bad' the loose skin is. Can you let us know how much weight you 'lose' having the op?

Snail

thank mini and amanda!

i'm not a goal yet (about 1st 7lb away) but i have been a stone lighter than i am now and the apron was still there in all its glory so i know it aint gonna go with weightloss alone.

i'm taking all my measurements and stuff either tomorrow or tuesday and will be keeping a log of everything.

i cant believe its only a few days away... :eek:

DQ

Minimins Admin
Wow, talk about happening soon!! :cool: