• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fleur-De-Lys Tummy Tuck

doodles

Cambridge Diet Counsellor
I went to see my consultant on thursday re my tummy tuck and arm lift. As I have a lot of loose skin above my tummy button he wants to do a fleur de lys tummy tuck. That involves a scar across my bikini line and also a vertical scar down my middle. I feel the scar is a small price to pay for getting rid of all my loose skin, but has anybody on here had this done or know of anyone who has had this type of tt. I cant find much info about it....or recovery time & I forgot to ask...doh!:confused:

pardon me for asking but do they do this on nhs or do you pay for it again pardon me for being rude

I am getting this done on the NHS. I cant believe how lucky I am as there is definately a post code lottery. My gp didn't hold out much hope but reffered me anyway. I then got a letter saying my PCT would fund both my tt and arm lift....I am so excited :D

:)wow thats great news that is somethingim really worried about i posted a message on the site reg saggy bits cause im gonny have some xxx good luck and take care xx

I had a fleurs de lys abdominoplasty on April 7th. You can ask me whatever you want about my experience - it's only been 22 days.

Can I ask - how much weight did you lose and how did you convince them to do your arms too!?

I will say this... you will need lots of help after if you get the arms done at the same time as you will need your arms to help you get up and down.

Hi FFNF
I have lost 12 1/2 stones and my apron of skin is really horrible. I have also got lots of loose skin under my bust down to my tummy button so the surgeon said he would need to cut me horizontally as well as vertically. He said I would have lots of scars but I think thats a small price to pay.
When I saw my GP he didn't think I stood a chance with the NHS but said he would refer me anyway. I did say that my arms get me down more than my tummy as its harder to keep them under wraps. I was amazed when I got my letter saying they would do both procedures. I am really worried about how I will manage afterwards as I wont be sble to use my arms to lever myself up etc. I have a great family network and my hubby is going to take some annual leave (but only a week)!!

I forgot to ask my surgeon how long my recovery will be, I know everyone will be different but did they tell you how long to expect?

Many thanks Doodles x

Can I also ask, did you find out how much skin etc they cut out? I am really intrigued how much weight I will loose with the surgery. Thanks :)

I went to see my consultant on thursday re my tummy tuck and arm lift. As I have a lot of loose skin above my tummy button he wants to do a fleur de lys tummy tuck. That involves a scar across my bikini line and also a vertical scar down my middle. I feel the scar is a small price to pay for getting rid of all my loose skin, but has anybody on here had this done or know of anyone who has had this type of tt. I cant find much info about it....or recovery time & I forgot to ask...doh!:confused:
hi i had a fluer de lys tuck last year, any questions just ask.
liz xx

I have had my breast uplift and augmentation and arm reduction 14weeks and 2 days ago and i had a fluer de lys tummy tuck 9 days ago on the nhs after losing 12 stone since my gastric banding in 2004

fleur de lys seems scary...

Are you happy with your surgery?? I've just had the NHS confirm they will be using the fleur de lys and I'm scared about the vertical scar, has your healed well?? Well done for losing all that weight.

Are you happy with your surgery?? I've just had the NHS confirm they will be using the fleur de lys and I'm scared about the vertical scar, has your healed well?? Well done for losing all that weight.

hi if you pm me an email addy i will send you my b4 & after pics.

I've finally got my date... whopppeee!! 20th Nov and couting. I've put on a bit of weight since my consultation though so I'm on a strict diet up to that date. I heard they put you on a special diet a week before surgery, is this true?

Hi all, I've got a feeling I'm probably the oldest person on this site!!! I'm having a fleur de lys TT in Belgium on the 26th Nov. I've eally mixed feelingd at the moment, excited,scared and more often or not stupid for being sooooo vane at my age. I'm 5ft 1 and have been overweight all my life. I've had 5 children very close which hasn't helped. I'm been as havy as 19.7 st and am now down to 10.5 still over weight Iknow but Iwould be happy losing another stone - I'm never going to be a size 0!!!!!!!!! I've been told that with the TT i will probably lose about 2/3kgs -so here's hoping

hi tin ribs i had a fluer de lys tuck, they removed 7 pounds in skin and fat, and uts made a big difference to me, my b4 and after pics are on another thread in this section if you want to have a look at them.
good luck !
liz x

Back